You can type here any text you want

Th400 or glide

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LCA1971

SVO 4.5 turbo
Would you run a th400 or a glide? 2900lbs, 274ci(4.060 borex 3.520 stroke), PT-88, 26x8.5 m/t, pro tree 1/8 mile racing! Rear gear will depend on trans!

Thanks,
Chris

LCA1971 said:
Would you run a th400 or a glide? 2900lbs, 274ci(4.060 borex 3.520 stroke), PT-88, 26x8.5 m/t, pro tree 1/8 mile racing! Rear gear will depend on trans!

Thanks,
Chris

PG with out a single question.
You do not want the extra gear and steeper first gear with that small of a tire.

The Swede said:
With what trans can we get the best ET with?

Liberty 5 speed, but they are too much money and there is a big learning curve with the clutch! A glide with a neal chance converter sould be fine.

John Wilde said:
Liberty 5 speed, but they are too much money and there is a big learning curve with the clutch! I glide with a neal chance converter sould be fine.

Thank you Sir!

We do know that the Liberty is outstandning but this is empty pocket racing and we was just wondering about PG vs 400 and our thoughts where correct.

Thanks!

The Swede said:
Thank you Sir!

We do know that the Liberty is outstandning but this is empty pocket racing and we was just wondering about PG vs 400 and our thoughts where correct.

Thanks!

No problem, I am glad to help!
Please update us as you can.

The Swede said:
Thank you Sir!

Thanks!

I have a Liberty with the clutch can and Ram dual disc 10" that will cost you less than a race prepped Glide alone. This is the complete setup to fit behind a Buick.

i say a glide all the way and as far as gear for the 1/8 i do not belive in it if you make power and you can leave with boost it shouldnt matter too much i went from a 3.89 gear with a 34.5 in tall tire to a 3.5 gear and seen the same 60 foot and 1/8mile if you hit it hard the torque that little motor will make will compensate for what ever gear within reason

turbodragster said:
i say a glide all the way and as far as gear for the 1/8 i do not belive in it if you make power and you can leave with boost it shouldnt matter too much i went from a 3.89 gear with a 34.5 in tall tire to a 3.5 gear and seen the same 60 foot and 1/8mile if you hit it hard the torque that little motor will make will compensate for what ever gear within reason

I whole heartedly agree. Since your below 3000 lbs. there will be absolutely no advantage to running the 400 over the PG. Especially at the HP levels you will be producing with that combo. The PG is an easier and cheaper transmission to PM also. Neal Chance all the way for a converter. At the HP level your going to see, the rear axle gear ratio is not going to be critical to get right on. Just make sure it is a gear that will get you close to redline at the end of the quarter with whatever tire combo you decide to use.

If you would, keep me advised as to what converter stall and TQ multiplication factor you set the converter up with.

EightSecV6 said:
I have a Liberty with the clutch can and Ram dual disc 10" that will cost you less than a race prepped Glide alone. This is the complete setup to fit behind a Buick.

Yo Bill!

We have read your deal.... no money, no honey here......
Could you please let us know in a PM what we can do to expand your business here in Europe?

We have plenty of connections and our new teammember runs his own Speed Shop here in Europe. www.speedpro.se and he is growing fastly!

// Regards, Crazy Swede

Back