Th400 Trans temps

You don't have a cooler in the radiator? If you ran it through there first it would run cooler.
Or maybe your coolant would be hotter. This debate goes on and on.

If I left my trans cooler fans running, and my external pump, my trans would never get up to operating temperature. And I don't need to warm it either. Simply because I never drive my car in the winter.

There are no absolutes. Each of us has his own set-up. Some have additional trans cooling, some have marginal engine cooling health, some of us have front mounts, some have AC condensers. Some of us have aluminum radiators, so-on and so-on.

This is why when someone has an issue, we share our combinations and differences. So that maybe someone else's tricks or experiences could apply to there solution.

I'm running a Setrab with a manual switch activated fan in the old intercooler location.

I'm also using a Tilton pump to circulate fluid from the pan and send it through an 11 x 8 B&M cooler with a 8" Spall fan mounted out back. One single manual switch from battery power activates this set-up so it can be used even if the car isn't running.
the setrabs are the best coolers money can buy, this is what all the NASCAR guys run for their transmissions and rear ends Bar None the best

by the way I'm also a firm believer in-running through the stock cooler in the radiator first and if you can't get the temp to cool down or need some help you can also run tractor hydraulic fluid mix;)

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 41
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 41
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 41
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 38
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 39
  • thumbnail (8).jpg
    thumbnail (8).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 41
  • thumbnail (10).jpg
    thumbnail (10).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 42
That is an extremely nice car dude, being from the aircraft industry myself, I pride myself in being precise and picky with my projects as well, anyway you have an awesome ride and you did an oustanding job you should be proud of it

That is an extremely nice car dude, being from the aircraft industry myself, I pride myself in being precise and picky with my projects as well, anyway you have an awesome ride and you did an oustanding job you should be proud of it
PM sent.