You can type here any text you want

thanks for info; more qusstions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mwe

found out that its an 83 yr model motor. it does need a computer for fuel and spark any one know were to find one? also how easy is it to clean out the emissions junk? is there an after market wiring harness? thanks

found out that its an 83 yr model motor. it does need a computer for fuel and spark any one know were to find one? also how easy is it to clean out the emissions junk? is there an after market wiring harness? thanks

Use the stock computer from an 84 cutlass or use a unit from an 83 to 87 v-6 regal. My 84 cutlass computer works for my 83 carb turbo retards ignition and all

You don't need a puter but you do need some form of timing control. If you have an NA non puter distributor add a MSD 6AL with bost retard box to control timing. You will also need to monitor knock with a knock sensor and some form of gauge.

What are you putting the 83 motor in? Is it a turbo V6? Some more info would help us help you...

thanks again

i guess the cutless and regal computers come with a harness and wiring is self explainitory? as for what we are going to put it in i dont really know my son traded a stripped toyota truck body for the complete thing. i have a 72 vette without a motor or trans ive been leaning towards. the motor came with the complete hydro boost brake system still attached(master cyc. etc.) i guess it will work with this car.

Back