THdp & Inovative boost controller?

chazmat2316

Has anyone been able to make a Innovative boost controller work with a stock style-hd accuator & Houston Down pipe? I can't get boost to stay stable!

mine is an external setup racegate (two ports) and i was having isssues , had to get a light spring to use the two step feature but had stability issues keeping boost during run , it would surge back and forth about 5psi range at about 1.2 second intervals

so far it appears the expansion of rubber lines mades it difficult to controll boost since the control doesnt get a fast accurate signal of where the boost actually is

eliminate as much rubber tubing as you can from the map sensor, if you can run in plastic vac line .the larger the better.
same goes for the solenoids ,keep lines short as possible
i mounted my solenoids to the injector rail and plumbed all lines with 5/16" steel tubing with short peices of 1/4" rubber hose on ends to connect,

I tried everything and could not get it to work. talk to them (innovative) on the phone many times and still no luck.

So should I bite the bullet and buy a race gate, or stick with the RJC manual controller? Thanx for any input!

Chaz your set up is alot like mine. I have FAST with a race gate and Inovative control,works perfectly[set up by Dale Cherry Berrel Auto].complete control of boost from street to race with push of botton,the lanch control is so cool

FHW, what do you have for a down pipe? How do you like the launch control? Are you using a trans brake? I'm just foot braking. Thanx for input!

Chaz... ATR down pipe with racegate mounted just after the turbo,launch control is best part just set what boost you like... stage car.. mash the gas pedal thats it,works with foot brake or trans brake,i have trans brake,been using this set up for just about 4 years maybe 20 trans brake launches most at 10 psi couple at 18 :D