You can type here any text you want

The best tire for my buck

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

Guy’s it’s time for me to get some tire for my car and I wanted to know what you all think would be the best tire for my money:confused:. I will be running 275/50/15

1. BF Goodrich G-Force T/A Drag Radial for 134.35
2. BF Goodrich G-Force T/A Drag Radial 2 for 166.00
3. Nitto NT-555R Extreme for 140.00
4. Mickey Thompson ET street Radial for 181.00
5. Hoosier R6 for 253.00

Thank for all the input Dee

Your first 3 choices are worthless. If you have enough power to require 275 wide tires, then the bf's or nittos will go up in flames. Don't even bother.

Your first 3 choices are worthless. If you have enough power to require 275 wide tires, then the bf's or nittos will go up in flames. Don't even bother.
(ask me how I know.)

They don't make them in 275/50 15 size, but I like the M&H drag radials on my T - 275/50 17.

M&H Racemaster Drag Radials

I have the Nitto 555RII on my Z06 and it spins like crazy and they are 305's.

Go with M/T

What are you using the tires for??? Best at the track per dollar I would say the MT's...If you want a driver tire that will just be better than a regular radial then I like the Nitto's, people seem to get decent mileage out of them.

What are you using the tires for??? Best at the track per dollar I would say the MT's...If you want a driver tire that will just be better than a regular radial then I like the Nitto's, people seem to get decent mileage out of them.

Agreed. Just dont keep the MTs on the car if you plan on driving it on the street. Alot. I went through two sets in 18 months. And the price for my size just went up. Nittos should last a while if you drive it on the street and only race once in a while.

Are you looking for street/strip use, or all track? If you need a 15" race tire for track only, I'd go with a MT full slick; but thats just me.

And FWIW I got a 1.69 60' out of a BFG G-Force T/A Drag Radial on Friday night. I had to get them real hot but it hooked. Size is 255/50/R16 on a GTA wheel. Too bad that 60' got wasted on a aborted pass.:mad:

I use MT 255/60's. Drove 2 hours to the track, pulled a 1.65 sixty foot, drove 2 hours back home. Love 'em.

Back