You can type here any text you want

The boost controller.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

By-Tor

While my car is parked will the boost controller engage the turbo when the demand is there?
Someones says that my turbo is fried, he revved the engine and couldn't hear it spool. I wonder if its in park will it not spool?

Too much fast and the furious...

Dude, you have to have engine load in order to make boost. Easy way to check for boost is to powerbrake. Did you ever get a boost guage yet? How bout the spring cleaning? Yknow, tune up, all filters, clean that nasty carb up, check driver's manifold for cracks and exhaust leaks in crossover, VACCUUM HOSES ON THAT OLD CRUSTY THING;)
VACCUUM HOSES ON THAT OLD CRUSTY THING;)

I'LL BE ON FOR A WHILE

Dude, you have to have engine load in order to make boost. Easy way to check for boost is to powerbrake. Did you ever get a boost guage yet? How bout the spring cleaning? Yknow, tune up, all filters, clean that nasty carb up, check driver's manifold for cracks and exhaust leaks in crossover, VACCUUM HOSES ON THAT OLD CRUSTY THING;)

I'LL BE ON FOR A WHILE
What he said ;)
And the carb setup ups are different sounding then the SFI cars. I can hear my 86 spooling under lit loads, but not the 83 unless I have the dump open.

Tell you what. I'm not beinga jerk, but if you ever wanna get rid of it to a good home bring it on up and I'll give you what you got into it plus a little for your trouble. If not me, my friend is looking for one. Just saying. But by all means don't be afraid to get on here with questions and go get your hands dirty at night, that's the only time I have with mine and its not much. Whatever you do don't put a 350 in it or turn it intoa circle track car:eek: We'll help you get that slug running!

You won't hear it spool in park. Boost gauge is the best thing you can get.

Thanks, guys. Now that I have more of a stable income I can do more to my TR.
First thing is to get it off the road, but its the only car I have so.......
When I get that situated I will start to really dig in!

Back