You can type here any text you want

The First Comp Turbo CTRX Hubless

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I don't race much other than Bowling Green . I just wanted my " 9 " and this car now has plenty to do it . I might be going to Lebanon Valley with Mr Spool & company later this summer . The main problem is the car only has a 6 point rollbar and I would probably get kicked out after a 9 sec. run . That's what I like about BG is the relaxed rules . So I might just run hard past the 1/8th then let out and save a full pass for when it's time to go . I will post up when I go .
I saw you at BG and talked to Russ for a bit . Hope you are doing well .
Sounds like you may need to do more than let out of it after the 1/8th, you may have to hit the brakes:)

The crazy part is no one else in the turbo world is talking about these, do a search, it literally comes back as just Comp, this thread and Rankin at PRI 2023. WTH

I guess GNs are the cutting edge tech car again. LOL

Keep us all in the loop, you're literally the only one that can I guess. 👍

Saw it mentioned on another turbo forum.
An "expert" immediately commented that any turbo without oil flow lube is junk.
He also commented that there were failures due to the compressor wheel coming off.

Well technology changes are good an bad sometimes. I am just curious how it works in the real world of Buicks . But I do believe Buick racing isn't what it use to be. ;)

Saw it mentioned on another turbo forum.
An "expert" immediately commented that any turbo without oil flow lube is junk.
He also commented that there were failures due to the compressor wheel coming off.
That is a load of crap. They put restrictor fittings the size of a pin hole in the supply side of the cartridges now to restrict the amount of oil going into the shaft and bearings. Comp will tell you they just don't need the amount of oil like the bearings in a stock turbo did. One of the differences of 30 years of development.

AIRC, they have 3 designs...
1 with oil, 1 with restricted oil and water, 1 with no oil or water.

the hubless is new
But it was being tested for some time before release
to date 0 failure rates
But nothing in The turbo world or racing world stays that way fr9m what I have seen
These turbos have a 2 year warranty and I work with my people if something goes wrong.
and comp builds their own stuff so your dealing directly with the builder
a major advantage inmo.

I like the turbo balance sheet you get, any future flow charts coming?
One thing that was noted was after running the Comp 6771 CTR then switching to the Comp 6771 CTRX Hubless with no other changes , we had to add 7% more fuel to the tune , so I would say that it definitely flows more air !!

The crazy part is no one else in the turbo world is talking about these, do a search, it literally comes back as just Comp, this thread and Rankin at PRI 2023. WTH

I guess GNs are the cutting edge tech car again. LOL

Keep us all in the loop, you're literally the only one that can I guess. 👍
There are plenty of guys using these turbos
My friend just set his personal best at the racetrack with the comp turbo we speced him
It's an n/t car and it was flying
Turbo wasn't even sweating and he can be competitive now in any venue.
And he has run several different turbos and we have data on power levels comparing turbos
Be surprised what makes the most power.😉

I'll be getting out soon . Meeting up with Mr Spool & company at Lebanon Valley to finish sorting things out . I haven't been out much , just going to local shows , but even at 15psi ( CO2 turned off ) 35mph 3rd gear WOT blast I'm doing 100+mph in under 2 seconds .

Back