You can type here any text you want

The little PT-51 that could!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Just got back from BG tonight. First time running the 1/4 mile, and I could not be much happier :D . Had a great time seeing friends and making a few more.

Best pass of the night for me was 11.09 at 123 mph, that was with a 1.66 60 foot. No big deal, an 11 sec GN. I was truly amazed at how well my car ran considering it is a PT-51 turbo and it just about maxxed out the single in tank walbro pump. I have 26' tall slicks and was spinning after the launch. Managed a 1.60 60' earlier, running 7.05 in the 1/8th but lifted due to blowing off the up-pipe after the 1000 foot mark. Best run was at 25 psi boost on 116 octane, 12 psi in the slicks.

60' 1.665
330 4.607
1/8 7.100
mph 98.50
1000 9.267
1/4 11.098
mph 123.23

Really want to thank a few people for making this happen.

Kip Asplund who built the engine.
Lee Thompson who rebuilt the transmission.

Also want to thank every turbobuick.com member who has added something to this community by sharing their personal experiences and technical advice on this board as well as other boards. Great forum, great vendors, great community and fantastic members!

Nice running car, especially with the small turbo.
Congratulations~@!

Those are some good numbers. My best with a 54 was around 125mph. I ran an open exhaust though. Looks like the 10 sec pass was there if the pipe didnt blow off. Thats a bitch.

John, Your car ran awesome! Glad you got to come down. I'm seeing a cage in your future. You know the valley will boot that ass! lol. You gonna have to turn it down to run now! That's a good thing though.

Back