The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

I think it was $75 shipped, but not sure. I will have to think about the part you made. Not much worked, they used the same dist on the Rambler 327 as the SBC but can't think of any thing else.I also had a 1966 Rogue 290 w a 4 speed. Nice little cars, drove nice.

kirban 2 cents worth

Your somewhat close with your guess at what I made that was the same as GM cars....My question may be slightly misleading. The part is basically the same as GM but what was on the part is dead on 100% the same as AMC and GM...

Confused?

The guy was selling the Rouge alittle awhile ago yellow or cream color with a black solid top....may see it at another event later this month.

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr sixbanger curious what did you get for them?

Here is a question for you....

With your AMC background and also mr amc background what part do you think I produced several years ago...that was the SAME part found on the same GM cars from the same time period. In other words I made a part for GM cars from the 1960s that was dead on the same as your AMC cars from that time period.

What part was it?????

I may not be as sharp on the AMC cars....but was sharp enough to make this part for a few years....mostly bought by the high end collectors...

Any guesses?

Locally to me a guy has a 4 speed rogue coupe he shows....think they are kinda rare....

Spark Plug Wires? You did the date coded Delco Wires for the GTOs and the AMCs used the same wire, just different lengths.

Did that Rouge have the manual trans? Those two tone Yellow/Black 290 4spd Rogues are rare and desirable.

Did that Rouge have the manual trans? Those two tone Yellow/Black 290 4spd Rogues are rare and desirable.

thats what mine was. Paid $100 for it. It was a real beater. The 1st one I ever saw was a Sun Gold and black one. It was spring 1966 at the Rambler dealers. Great looking car, black buckets, 290, and 4 speed.

kirban 2 cents worth

You are correct we did the licensed by Packard plug wires that also read the same copy for GM and AMC cars....I did the hot years 1968-1971 vintage think I sold to a company in Ohio called AMerican Depot? Going by memory on that company name.

That Rogue was local to me so I should see it sometime at a show unless the guy sold it...clean car..it was a 4-speed.....looked all original.

kirban

good thing this is my thread no one can get upset if we stray from the subject matter....

still no winners on contest....

No trunk id label on my car but i do have the #s from the tag under the hood of my 86 t type. if you can decode it that would be great.

G06A 46J47 148550
19L 15M 19U lacquer
82E ar9
D86
W11

From this i think it might be a designers series car.Wasnt sure if it was normal for it to have aluminum bumper supports,rear drums and blacked out bumpers and trim and a rear spoiler like my car has.I dont know if theses were added or factory.

No trunk id label on my car but i do have the #s from the tag under the hood of my 86 t type. if you can decode it that would be great.

G06A 46J47 148550
19L 15M 19U lacquer
82E ar9
D86
W11

From this i think it might be a designers series car.Wasnt sure if it was normal for it to have aluminum bumper supports,rear drums and blacked out bumpers and trim and a rear spoiler like my car has.I dont know if theses were added or factory.

kirban 2 cents worth

Currently I am away and will break this down tomorrow nite. Actually I was just at what many would call as GN heaven in North Carolina, Richard Clarks place.

Its ashame your car lacks the trunk ID label. Any idea why it was removed, or was the trunk lid replaced?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I can only guess the trunk lid was replaced or the sticker was removed because the car was repainted a few times.Its all black now with gn emblems on it.I dont have any history on it all i know is that someone was racing it(i can see where stick on #s on the drivers side window when its got dew on it).They had nitrous on it and blew up the engine.When i bought it i thought it needed head gaskets,it had 4 cracked pistons.
As the car sits the options are(that i can see)
Power antenna
remote mirrors(body color)
rear defrost
Grey interior with buckets and consloe
concert sound
A/C
power windows
power locks
And if it came with the blackout package including the bumpers,and aluminum supports and drums.

kirban 2 cents worth

challenger mike here is what I can tell from the info you provided in earlier post. Your car is a 1986 built in June the first week. That is determined from the G06A code

The next set of numbers/letters means it is a regal 2 door coupe the last 6 digits on topline us unit number

the 19 code and the 15 code is for black and gray with gray being the accent color.

82E has to do with the seat color and ar9 is for bucket seats

I am 99% sure on the paint scheme being the black/gray combo WH1 as it is also known.

Its unfortunate you having a rare example that the trunk label is gone. That also contains the paint codes besides.

I am not an expert on the cowl plate info what is somewhat confusing to me is they show l - m - u code which in my mind means lower middle upper

the aluminum bumper supports and aluminum drums have no bearing whatsoever on your car....it should have aluminum drums if car is a non posi...aluminum supports are not an option per say. A magnet would tell you if they are aluminum.

Drums you have to look at them to know. In 1986 they all had chrome bumpers unless it was GN. trim would be black as it was on all 1986s...exception being the side marker bezels attached to the headlites would be chrome.

Your interior would be all grey.....

If you want post some photos of interior/exterior.....dash is it digital or analog....how about heter controls is it touch climate control system?

Solid roof car?

Wish I could be of more help but from the little info you could find this is
what my research shows me.

kirbanperformance.com

kirban 2 cents worth

We have ended this trivia contest since it seems to be too difficult. This photo shows the two T-Type emblems one being all on one line which was on the Century T-Type. Unfortunately I do not know exactly what year except it was probably 1985-1986 vintage. I say this because the T in TType is slanted. Originally they were straight up and down. The other emblem is from a LeSabre.

The T Type wording on this one is quite small compared to the Lesabre wording. Again T is slanted so I assume it was 1985 vintage. The more well known version was the 1987-1988-1989 LeSabre T-Types available in just 4 different colors. All front wheel drive.

The car photos are a 2005 Crossfire, 1968 Oldsmobile and a 1967 Ford XL Galaxie. (This order does not match photos)

We will be firing up a new trivia contest shortly....

Probably be a little easier if not easier not require as many answers.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Emblem T Type Lesabre & Century.jpg
    Emblem T Type Lesabre & Century.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 163
kirban 2 cents worth

challenger mike here is what I can tell from the info you provided in earlier post. Your car is a 1986 built in June the first week. That is determined from the G06A code

The next set of numbers/letters means it is a regal 2 door coupe the last 6 digits on topline us unit number

the 19 code and the 15 code is for black and gray with gray being the accent color.

82E has to do with the seat color and ar9 is for bucket seats

I am 99% sure on the paint scheme being the black/gray combo WH1 as it is also known.

Its unfortunate you having a rare example that the trunk label is gone. That also contains the paint codes besides.

I am not an expert on the cowl plate info what is somewhat confusing to me is they show l - m - u code which in my mind means lower middle upper

the aluminum bumper supports and aluminum drums have no bearing whatsoever on your car....it should have aluminum drums if car is a non posi...aluminum supports are not an option per say. A magnet would tell you if they are aluminum.

Drums you have to look at them to know. In 1986 they all had chrome bumpers unless it was GN. trim would be black as it was on all 1986s...exception being the side marker bezels attached to the headlites would be chrome.

Your interior would be all grey.....

If you want post some photos of interior/exterior.....dash is it digital or analog....how about heater controls is it touch climate control system?

Solid roof car?

Wish I could be of more help but from the little info you could find this is
what my research shows me.

kirbanperformance.com

kirban 2 cents worth

correction on the paint scheme it is correct reason it notes lower middle upper black bottom black top grey/silver center....also all WH1 examples came with the factory spoiler.

Be interesting to look at the under side of your trunk lid assuming it has the factory spoiler the end holes for the studs should be a perfect circle maybe one inch in diameter if its a factory trunk lid that originally came on that
car.

Sorry about the mistake in the paint scheme...I was on the road 18 hours over the last 2 days.

Point being it is a WH1 example....

kirbanperformance.com

Here are some pics of my car.Also i forgot it does have a digital dash.The holes in the truck are round and are about 3/4 of on inch round.And it has the factory alarm system.

Attachments

• 1986 buick t type 001.jpg
    1986 buick t type 001.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 1986 buick t type 002.jpg
    1986 buick t type 002.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 1986 buick t type 003.jpg
    1986 buick t type 003.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 1986 buick t type 004.jpg
    1986 buick t type 004.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 1986 buick t type 005.jpg
    1986 buick t type 005.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 155
heres some more

Attachments

• 1986 buick t type 007.jpg
    1986 buick t type 007.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 1986 buick t type 010.jpg
    1986 buick t type 010.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 157
kirban 2 cents worth

Based on your photos:

The digital dash is an option, another option visible is the concert sound II speaker system located at the bottom of the door panels.

By any chance your car have a power drivers seat? How about a power trunk release which would be located in the glove box?

The spoiler holes look like the real deal so possibly that trunk lid is the original lid.
Seems strange labels were removed. Did you ever run a car fax? Does car have clean history?

Looks like steering column has been resprayed a darker color maybe been stolen at one point in its life? VIN number intact up on the dash?

Interior is 100% correct for a T-Type 1986 and of course a WH1 car as is the center horn medallion.

On the dash trim plate above glove box under word Buick what does it say? I can't read it...

exhaust system looks like a hooker system? is it? it would have a metal welded tab coming off tail pipe and bolted or welded to bottom of frame rail near the exhaust tip....

Obviousily they put in a 1987 grille.....

Someone at some point took a rare WH1 example, and made it into a GN.

Appreciate you sharing the photos hopefully this info will be of use to you.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

As promised here is the next contest.....

Eligible everyone except any Turbo Buick employees

Prize value is $25

One answer per post per each question I have asked.

Your answer has to match mine.

Background:

As many of you know in the BMW performance world the M models are the quickest ones in the pack. Rare ones would be the M1. The M3 is probably the most popular one in production. The M5 is the 4 door sedan version that caddy has been chasing after with the V series CTS and STS models. The M6 is not a very popular model.

Over 30 plus years ago another company had a M model.

What was the M model I am thinking of?

What vehicle manufacturer produced it?

Most of us are familar with the different makers of jeans that you wear. One such version is the 505 jeans made by one of the major companies.

The model 505 also relates to what car company that had a 505 model?

So this contest requires 3 correct answers in the SAME post to be declared a winner.

The clock is ticking.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Chrysler 300M or
Ford Taunus 12M
Peugot 505

kirban 2 cents worth

you nailed the 505 question as Peugeot (my spelling is correct)

reread the clues you are seeking a vehicle that uses one of the BMW M model codes....not M and a different code but on of the stated codes identical to the BMW listing...

On another note had a guy order half dozen bottles of zddplus today from a very small town in Kansas...name is at work will post it later...see f you heard of it...

kirbanperformance.com