You can type here any text you want

the question of the ages.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
I have a tta just about stock cond only a few bolt ons. Now as you may or may not know, I bought this car to drive while my gn is down for a complete engine rebuild, the engine is now just about done and I'm wishing it would have taken longer. I am having so much fun with the tta. Just more fun to drive. I know the tta is capable of some good track times with bolt ons but I wanted a 10 sec car with no worries . (or as close as possible) I have a fully built 87 gn engine with a std. tta crank, steel caps polished rods forged pistons ported heads big valves nice cam ported lower helmco upper te-63 57's all the goods for the gn. NOW . since all this started I also aquired a 57 bel air conv. I can only keep one of the turbo cars when this is all said and done. I'm not parting with the 57. I guess my question is what would you do. ?? Put the gn built eng in the ta and put the stock ta eng in the buick and sell it , OR keep the tta stock and sell a 10 sec gn ,OR sell the tta and have a bad ass brick? the Gn is in super shape excellent paint/int, 12 brake upgrade, bigger sway bars, all poly bushings, ssm lowers, boxed uppers, kybs, gnx wheels so it's not a stocker 90k ??? ahh why can't i just keep both ( the wife is not going to allow it ) I also have a 4x4 truck atv and some other toys so she is not budging

You can tell by my sig which car I'd choose(and I have tried both, I've owned/driven and parted 3 turbo Buicks - an 86GN, 87GN, 87 Turbo-T).

Only problem I see is you cant just swap motors between the two cars because of the different heads(and the compression ratios youd end up with if you swap). That and if you did a girdle the new motor wont fit in the TTA.

If it were me(and I'm all about going fast)and the Buick was just about ready to go 10's, I'd stick with it. As great as the TTA's are a 10 second car still beats a 12/13 second car :)

HTH,
Steve

well i'll answer that like the t-shirt I saw some time ago...

"I'm sure gonna miss her"... :D :D

But since that may not be an option..yet :D ... your decisions are gonna be tough.

We'll be rite here in spirit with ya ;)

I am going to have the exact same problem soon. Built my buick for the 10s, but I love to drive the TTA. One has to go, let us know what you decide.

as of right now I'm stalling :) told her I got it up for sale.....heheheh. we will see how long it is before she starts asking questions on why it's not sold.

Mines for sale too.. 100K.. wonder why nobody is buying it :D

yeah honey.. been trying to sell it for months.. no takers.. ;)

Originally posted by Razor
Mines for sale too.. 100K.. wonder why nobody is buying it :D

yeah honey.. been trying to sell it for months.. no takers.. ;)
He-he-he, I did the same thing;)

Or just have your wife believe that one of the cars is hers....let her drive it and she'll be hooked and can share in your interest...that's what I did and it worked :) My wife was by no means a "car" person before. I had the truck and GN before we married. Soon I bought her the 95 TA and she was hooked on hp. The '79 TA is her's although I drive it more than she does, and we argue about who's the 89 TTA is.

Back