You can type here any text you want

the rake look and other suspension questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nero

Thinking of the best way to achieve a subtle rake look on the car. Now I have 4 front GTAs and plan on 17s or 18s (most likely 18s) at some point in the future.

First thing is, what's the best way to get a subtle rake look? Not looking for anything crazy like some hotwheels car, but just enough, ya know (post your pix if you have any)? Is it better to do cargo springs out back and same sized wheels on all 4 corners or slightly larger diameter wheels in the back? Do cargo springs have an adverse effect on handling?

Forgot the other suspension questions... I'll post 'em up here when I remember them!

thanks for any n all help! :D

17x8s in front and 18x9s in back would be sweet. You could also get the rack look with lowering springs in the front or the howe lower ball joints.

I'm not a big fan of the cargo cprings because they are progressive rate. There are other spring choices for the rear that are linear with various ride heights.

Thanks for the quick response. I'd need to see a pic of those wheel sizes, never thought of changing it up like that, cool! Thanks for the info on cargo springs... I thought abotu lowering front springs, but my front/rear springs are stock and saggy (pretty low) not sure which spring set would make it equally low all the way around and do the 17s up front 18s out back or lowerfront/slightly higher back??

Any known good, lowering springs?

Check the lowering tech thread, I posted a few options a pic of a car with the moog 5658s in the front with the howe lower ball joints

SCandC.com Street Comp Stage 2, Koni shocks, Eibach springs, 275/40 rear, 245/45-17 fronts will do the trick. ;) Only problem is Brian doesn't sell any of those parts Nero...you'll have to buy somewhere else?!?!? :D
2803920750053943560S600x600Q85.jpg

SCandC.com Street Comp Stage 2, Koni shocks, Eibach springs, 275/40 rear, 245/45-17 fronts will do the trick. ;) Only problem is Brian doesn't sell any of those parts Nero...you'l have to buy somewhere else?!?!? :D
2803920750053943560rRCmhB_th.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOL

I heard the Eibach's are bad for launching? Is that true? I like the Edelbrock shocks I got in there.... What about SCanddC? What's that? And yea, I do love 17s, leave a lil more meat on the tires for pothole's sake! :D

Are stock brakes good enough for 17s? Or will I be putting myself and others at risk?

0054wb4.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOL

I heard the Eibach's are bad for launching? Is that true? I like the Edelbrock shocks I got in there.... What about SCanddC? What's that? And yea, I do love 17s, leave a lil more meat on the tires for pothole's sake! :D

I haven't run the Buford yet so I dunno bout launching. I know there isn't much tread left on the Nitto DR's though... My goal for the car is to have a nasty G-machine. I'm geting there... I have heard a lot of good about the Edelbrocks, but the Konis allowed me to pretty well slam the car but maintain a quality, smooth ride. I'd go 18's if I had my way, but the wife holds the checkbook. :mad: I bought my 17's used with tires last year. Basically bough them for the exact price I sold my GTA's for.
SCandC is Savitske Classic and Custom in PA. The do some sick suspension stuff. Marcus, the owner, is active on MCSS boards. Check out there site here: Savitske Classic & Custom
Come to a MAGNA meet in NJ or PA sometime and we'll take a ride...

Are stock brakes good enough for 17s? Or will I be putting myself and others at risk?
Trick question. My car stops, but does ANY TR with stock brakes stop WELL? No! Someday I will have big brakes up front and disc brakes out back. I know the rear drums are almost as good as the disc, but I likes the look. We'll see what happens when I have money...if that ever happens....but I may just build off my SCandC Stage 2 and complete the G5 setup. I would just need the custom spindles and the Vette brakes!
BTW-Nice PUSSSY-cat

Back