The shooting Bullitt??

1qik6

Minding my OWN business (of course!) I was on a return trip traveling east on I-40. Guess what was in my rear-view? Yup, another Mustang. I watched him as he closed in and began the pass. I guess he noticed what my car was/is, and slowed down. The guy's windows were SO black, I couldn't see in. (Nice paint though) He gears down and wants to play. "Cool" I thought..cocky, I prematurely 'chalked' up another mustang on the left side of my windsheild, and slowed down. Traffic wasn't a problem that day so we were clear. I started to build to a little boost from a roll ( 6-7 psi @ 30-35 mph) and dump the brake. I haze the tires a bit and pull ahead about a car and a half. Not a moment later here comes the bullitt whizzing by...he had the lil' 4.6 SCREAMING! (I had the lil' 3.8 SCREAMING too!) By the time my car shifts into third (stock tranny of course) the Bullitt was 2 or 3 cars ahead. "D@MN it" I yelled as I pushed the pedal more as if it were going to do some good. He gave me the "I win!" brake lights and I let out. Pissed off, I roll up beside him. He never rolled his window down (b@stard) ans I backed off. As he pulled away free reving, I noticed a small NOS decal under his passenger side tailight. All I wanted to know was what shot he was running. "Wait a minute"..shot---Bullitt..anything funny here? Anyway, I read the bullitts were good for 13.80's-.90's in good air. With a good shot of N2O..what do these things run? I have run stock 4.6 GT's with the spray and haven't lost this bad in awhile.......Pissed I'am...defeated for long, I'am not!

??????

mustang bullit's runnin 13.9's stock? nah i dont think so. they have 5 more hp than the GT. nothin specail. its more of a colectors edition than a hot rod. i think the things they did to give it the extra hp is a cobra intake manafold, a slightly less restrictive exaust. for a mustang GT to even get 13.9 it needs at least 30 more hp. dont worry, even if that mustang did beat u, u were stock, he was modified. put about 1500 bucks into ure car, tune well, and go lookin for that mud-stain again! the results will be VERRY diffrent. ;)

Originally posted by 1qik6
Anyway, I read the bullitts were good for 13.80's-.90's in good air. With a good shot of N2O..what do these things run?

Well, as a reference point, consider my 5.0 '88 5-speed Mustang: gears, pulleys and exhaust mods and it went a best of 13.8; averaged around 14.0 @ 99. That's about the same as a bone-stock '99-up GTs. With a 75-hp shot, it went a best of 13.132 @ 108.17 on street tires hitting the juice in 2nd gear and granny shifting with the juice on.

Soooo, I'd say that if he had a small shot, you're looking at a high-12/low-13 second car. If he had a 150 shot, low-mid 12s probably.

Originally posted by SMOKIN86T
mustang bullit's runnin 13.9's stock? nah i dont think so. they have 5 more hp than the GT.

Tell that to the guys who have already run 13.8s in their bone stock '99-up GTs.

Tell that to the guys who have already run 13.8s in their bone stock '99-up GTs.

I have yet to see a stock mustang anywhere out of the 14's.
So I guess he wont have to tell anyone that then huh

Originally posted by Kyle F

I have yet to see a stock mustang anywhere out of the 14's.
So I guess he wont have to tell anyone that then huh

Oh, there's that old argument again! :rolleyes: I haven't seen it with my own eyes, therefore if can't be true. Uh...whatever. :rolleyes:

You know what? I've never seen a turbo Regal under 14.0 bone stock. And I have one! It ran 14.1 @ 96 with mods. So does that mean that nobody else has run 13s in a bone stock turbo Regal? According to your logic, I guess it does.

lyonsd

I have to say that I myself have not seen a bone stock GT running 13's yet, however, I'm sure one has, but I think when a lot people say they haven't seen it this just means that it isn't a common occurance... To tell you the truth I don't see many mustangs that are completely bone stock... most that I see at the track at least have an airfilter or exhaust... I can say that I have seen a bone stock 2001 Cobra that ran a 13.6@104mph on street tires and I was pretty impressed at that... I know that GMHTP got a 2001 6spd Camaro SS to run a 12.9@107mph completely bone stock with Evan Smith driving, but that's Evan Smith who drives many stick cars to much faster ETs than most normal people can, and I'm sure most people run mid to low 13's bone stock and not 12's with the ls1 fbods... I'm sure you could probably find a vid of a GT running a high 13 stock, but this is with a certain driver under certain weather conditions as well as track conditions than others will face and you can't say that all GT's will run 13's stock based on this one or couple of occurances that happen... I'm sorry, but the norm of the GT's run 14's and not 13's... this is why so many state this IMHO:)

my friend has a 00 WS6 T/a and w/ k&n air box and and exaust, he ran 12.9, it is an auto, and that was on stock tires and wheels, just punching it, not really launching it, i have seen the slip, and found it amazing. since than he has put on headers and a 3000 stall!!!! he has some micky e/t streets and i am anxious to see what he can run at the track w/ the stall and the slicks. i have raced a many mustang GT, some w/ bolt ons and some bone stock w/ dealer plates. stock 86 T's like mine run 14.2-13.8 or so and i can tell you i passed those mustangs like they run 14.5, which is what they have always been tested at. i dont know if that means any thing to you but tahts just my experence.

In a reply to my own post, I too have not witness'ed a bullitt go 13's. However, giving the one who 'smoked' me credit, I'm sure he was/did/does..whatever. I also read in MM&FF (I, um..read it at a doctors office!) where they got a Bullitt to go 13.90's. Impossible, I say not. They do have a free reving lil' 4.6 that in fact is very close to our own displacement. Either way, I kinda like the Bullitts, I don't losing to them though, but that's another story. As far as personally "seeing" a stock 4.6 GT in the 13's..I see it almost every weekend..my neighghbor has one. AT the track, he goes 13.94 @ 98 mph almost every pass. This too is done with his stock tires. I'm not hear to defend the Mustang, I guess I'am giving them credit where I believe credit is due. Nothing more, nothing less. If nothing else, they make up the bulk of our competition. Messing with them is just plain fun..except for those running big shot's or mega boost. :(

Well, I thought I'd shed some light on the original question posed by 1quik6. I'm not sure how Mr. Bullitt could have used a NOS kit, due to the fact that NOS hasn't released the 5116 dry kit yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you, but it's more likely he was using another kit. One of the more popular Nitrous setups for the 99+ Mustangs is the Nitrous Express Ford EFI kit. This kit can be jetted for 150hp, and can easily put a lightly modded GT into the mid to low 12's range.

Just a possibility..