You can type here any text you want

The tires must be punished

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Welby

It's not a kill, unless you ask my tires.

So, I'm getting ready to park the car for the winter, and I put my stock T-wheels and 225/60's back on the car. I decide to take it for a quick spin and I back out of my driveway. I also decide to decorate the road a little, so I just punched it, not boost building or anything. Well after about 1 second, it kicks in and the tires just explode into a cloud of smoke. I said "Wheeeee" and kept in it, leaving weaving double black strips easily 200' up the hill and it wouldn't stop spinning until I crested the top :D
A neighbor about 100' up the hill, who has a mint condition '80 Trans Am (spotless car) was outside in the backyard. As I'm spinning past I see him turn around and give me that tilted head look like confused dogs give when they hear something but can't find the source, it was comical :D
I should have taken pics of my handywork, but it's too late now, it's dark by the time I get home *sigh*

Cold air, cold pavement, hard tires and heavy foot = good times.

I hate to ask "How much power am I making", but I will:

Have a TA-49 at 17 lbs,
009 injectors
Turbotweak chip
Walbro 340 and hotwire
3" DP
No cat
2.5" 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust (No idea what brand)

Any guesstimates? :smile:

Yeah some pics, that would be nice to see

Wish you had the Video Camera, sounded funny.

Here's a really crappy pic, it's almost dark out already, at 5:25 :( . They're starting to fade a little bit already. It's hard to tell, but the hill flattens out a little bit, and the marks are the whole way past the house on the left, lol. There's where my confused neighbor was :D

Nothing spectacular, but it's fun, eh? :D

:cool: that reminds me of the last set of BFG DR's i finished off before i started runing M/T radials .
Picture033.jpg

They both look like fun

I accidently lit my buddies street up and just gave it a quick hit of the peddle and smoked the tires and had to apologize because I didnt realize we had tuned it that good. Well there is definitly something wrong with my car now it doesnt do that anymore. Back to the drawing board.

nothing like a good burnout to put a smile on your face.

thats from my last day of high school a few years back. if you look there is a speed bump at the end, thats when i let off. i could have laid down another 50 feet if it was a smooth parking lot. it was with bleach too :D

Attachments

• burnout.jpg
    burnout.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 175
Well, at least ours can get a wheel now with Eric's street chip.
Zeus is old, but still running.

Best burnout I ever did with with a friends 69 Camaro. He just bought it and wasn't that good with the 4 speed yet. I still drive a manual every day and did then. He wanted to show his then g/f how awsome the car was and asked me to do a burnout for him. Could you have said no?

So I get behind the wheel of this cammed chebby 350 with the classic double camel heads and the Muncie 4 speed with the vertical shifter, never having driven it before, and drove it to the side of the lot. Patted the gas in 1st once on the way and easily barked the tires. Lined up, revved the motor once or twice and Mike gave me the thumbs up....

I revved it a little more and dumped the clutch...immediately lit up the tires and I shifted into second gear and hammered the gas! That d@mn car laid a set of tracks that anyone would have been proud to claim. Smoke boiling off the tires all the way. I had to let up quickly as I ran out of parking lot.

D@mn shame he sold it a few years later.

My best burnout was my last day at AT&T. It was at a campus that consisted of two buildings connected by a glass-enclosed pedestrian bridge above a roadway. I parked in the CEO's parking spot (he never showed up there anyway), went in and collected my junk, turned in my company ID and proceeded to burn out from the CEO's spot, up the road, under the glass bridge and to the exit. There was so much smoke you could barely see the people gathering on the bridge to see where all the smoke was coming from.

I wasn't really unhappy with the place, I resigned on my own, but I thought I'd leave my mark anyway.

Jim

heh, i was pissed at having to wait on traffic so long at a stopsign on campus today (I go to Oklahoma State). so when i pulled out and made a left turn onto a 4-lane, i was a little heavy on the gas and went sideways. i was like "hmm, this is kinda cool," so i just kept my foot down and rode it sideways for most of a block, lol. you shoulda seen the look on this lady's face that passed me in the other lane... :eek: doesn't do it justice. after she recovered from the initial shock of seing a beat up buick do that, she started honking. i don't know what her problem was, i was going straight down the road, inside my lane and everything!

after she recovered from the initial shock of seing a beat up buick do that, she started honking. i don't know what her problem was, i was going straight down the road, inside my lane and everything!
You forgot to smile and wave

i was definately smiling, but i was using both hands on the wheel to keep the car under control!

Back