You can type here any text you want

Thermostat Housing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VKREGAL

I'm putting the edelbrock intake on my N/A and with the thermostat housing mounted upwards rather than flat like the stock intake the stock thermostat housing is running right into the distributor. We can cut it and re-weld to where we want if we have to, is there any aftermarket housings that will solve this issue? A part # will help alot
Thanks in advance

thanks for the link
not sure if i'm gonna spend the hundred or cut up the stock one
but at least i know my options, thanks

yea it does look good but we been playing with the stock for awhile and i think we got it. We cut it at the very bottom towards the mount repositioned it upwards and rewelded it. Then we cut the top angled piece so its turned away from the distributor and rewelded that. Now i gotta clean it up and i'll paint it so it looks decent. I would've went with an aftermarket if it were $20 or $30 but $100 for a couple hours of tinkering didn't make sense

I'm not sure how the water outlet could interfere with the distributor. If it's a 4.1 I can understand but the stock water neck should clear if it's for a 3.8.

well the stock 2 barrel thermostat lays flat and the neck was angled up,
on the edelbrock intake the thermostat is vertical so the neck was angled downward. The neck on mine is about 4 to 5 inches long, i dont know if its different cause it's a canadian car?

I'd have to see a pic but from my memory the stock 2 barrel T-stat design was what Edelbrock used on the intake. Maybe you have a variation of some sort since it's a canadian car.

well i know my stock manifold t-stat was flat on the intake instead of vertical so it might be in different location on the canadian model. It had a heating type of thing that goes under the carb and heats the fuel as it goes into the manifold. i think thats probably a canadian only thing too

camera 040.jpg

camera 041.jpg

camera 042.jpg

see how the t-stat lays flat
on the edelbrock its upright on the manifold which caused my water neck to be going down toward the distributor

Back