You can type here any text you want

thermostat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
What type of thermostat should i be using for a hot air engine. Does anyone have a part number? Replaced the radiator now the car runs too cool and is pinging.

What's the actual temps you're seeing Jim? A 160 thermostat should keep it in decent temp range. Stock was 195 though.

with the rally gauges it barely makes it past 2 lines, 160 sounds good. Do u have a part number. it pings under boost until the engine comes up to temp... for some reason i think the computer needs to see a certain temp before th
e knock sensor works?

AZ part number is 7200-160. This is the fail safe one which I prefer. The knock sensor should work as soon as the engine starts and not need to warm up I believe. Running cool and pinging is a little unusual but I could see it happening. Do you have an actual turbo chip in it or just a stock NA chip?

Stock ecm, as soon as car is warm works flawlessly. Thanks for the part number

The tool isn't really for trouble codes. It will read them, but then so will a paperclip. The tool lets you see what the sensors are doing. When I first bought one, I found out the hose to the MAP sensor was leaking (dry-rotted behind the turbo). It was a big vacuum leak and the MAP sensor was always reading zero, but this wasn't setting off a check engine light. Plus it's good as a knock gauge. You won't regret it is you find a good deal. The one in the link was a great deal. You can also get a Monitor 3, 4, or 85. They won't do later cars (1986+), so they are usually dirt cheap.

Back