You can type here any text you want

Think I hurt my TT chip or ECM, help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Flyin Brian

I have been running my injector duty cycle up to 110% due to E85 and 60 lb injectors with no problems. I increased fuel at WOT and suddenly everything went bad. Car cuts in and out at WOT and IDC's go from 110% to 0% and back rapidly until I lift. I set everything back like it ran fine at before and still have the same problem. See powerlogger scan below. Is it possible I damaged the factory ECM injector driver or my TT chip?

Attachments

• PL.jpg
    PL.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 135
From your signature looks like you have a nice set up. Why risk it knowing your duty cycle is so high? I'm sure Eric will chime in with some input. I would definitely invest in some new injectors and a chip set up for E85 or go Fast XFI with some 120's or 160's.

you do realize that 100% is all that youll get from an injector ....

turning it up wont yield 1 drop more fuel than whats available at 100%,

the fact that it will show over 100% is just so you can track how far over max the chip is asking if say you were at 95% at 4000rpm and you went to 100% at 4800 , if you push to 5600rpm you wouldnt know how far over it was if it stopped showing at 100%

it looks like your sending the inj driver into clipping , is overdue time for a new injectors and a hotwire injector harness is a must
and definitely replace that ecm , might want to look into a modded ecm with 2.4amp inj drivers ,
also time to clean up those stock fuel line connections for more flow

Brian, can you send me that log? The inj duty cycle is being commanded to drop out, so there must be some faulty info being fed to the ecm, like crank sensor, or maf sensor.
Eric

Thanks for the input guys. I do know that I am way maxed out on the 60 lb injectors. I don't know how injector duty cycle is calculated. I thought 100% meant they were open half the time and closed half the time. I had a stockish motor last year and broke the # 3 main bearing cap. One thing led to another and I ended up building a great motor without enough fuel system to support it especially after converting to E85. Got tired of buying race gas. I plan on getting the 80 lb injectors and chip from TT as I am not ready to spend the money to upgrade to the FAST and some 120's. Hopefully the 80's will run good up to 20 lb boost and keep me happy for a while. Eric, I will send you that log file. I replaced almost everything on that motor when I rebuilt it last year. New crank sensor, cam sensor, coil pack, CCCI, plugs, wires, but not the MAF. Still have a stock MAF. The wiring harness is old of course but it worked ok until now. I have the Caspers upgraded injector harness but where is a good place to get a new ECM? Thanks again for the input, I really appreciate it.

Back