You can type here any text you want

Thinking about a FAST system...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi All,

I'm looking into a FAST system for my Buick GN motor, but would like to know if the entire system could be used (later) on a Chevy LS-1 motor. Right now, I cannot get my Buick motor running (long story - several threads in Tech) and I'm thinking it's something electrical, hence my interest in a bolt-on system. So, could the GN FAST system be converted for use on an 8 cylinder?

Thanks!

Originally posted by S10xGN
Hi All,

I'm looking into a FAST system for my Buick GN motor, but would like to know if the entire system could be used (later) on a Chevy LS-1 motor. Right now, I cannot get my Buick motor running (long story - several threads in Tech) and I'm thinking it's something electrical, hence my interest in a bolt-on system. So, could the GN FAST system be converted for use on an 8 cylinder?

Thanks!

I would get the truck runing first. Its gonna be a real bitch troubleshooting an unknown system with a pre-existing problem that was never diagnosed. How will you know if there is an old or new problem?

Thats why I installed mine now. I wanted to have it in and running well before I swapped out my motor, this way if there are any problems, I created them in the motor swap.

I would get the truck runing first. Its gonna be a real bitch troubleshooting an unknown system with a pre-existing problem that was never diagnosed. How will you know if there is an old or new problem?

Jim, that's my gut feeling too, BUT:

Hmm, that's what's KILLING me right now - mine was once an "unknown system" - a completely new, never before run engine and harness (try melding an '87 GN harness with a '96 S-10 harness!), but it started on the first crank and ran as it should have. My problems started while "chasing" oil leaks (which were all front cover related) and blowing head gaskets (crappy machine work). After pulling the front cover for the 4th time, it refuses to start. No other major changes (see: No start thread) that *should* affect a start condition. My thoughts were that I could possibly eliminate any wiring/sensor problems that may prove impossible to diagnose. However, *when* (not if) I get tired of banging my head on a Buick motor, I'd like to be able to regain my sanity by adapting the (high $$$) FAST unit to a normal V-8...

Todd, if I eventually do an LS-1, I'd most likely keep the stock (coil on plug) ignition setup. I'm not sure if the FAST uses a V-6 specific module for the GN motor - if so, it prolly won't work on a V-8. I'm currently waiting on a printed version of the FAST catalog. I've checked out the web site, but haven't seen my question there.

Back