You can type here any text you want

Thinking of buying Gbody 8" stock GN Wheel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn.87

Time Capsule
Anybody have these wheels? I really want the 8.5 but they do not sell this wheel anymore. I have a very low mile GN and I will NOT notch or ROLL! I think a 10" is a bit much for a street car. All I want to do is put a 275/50/15 tire on. Will this 8" work well for the application? Thanks!

I had some stock appearing 15"x8" GN wheels about 15 years ago by a local machine shop which isn't in business anymore (see the pics below...). Back then, there was no one making custom wheels and you had to have them done by yourself, but now, you can have them done by Jim Lyon at True Design Wheel and he'll do whatever rear spacing you ask him for. I assure you that his work is top notch.
I'm currently having some GNX style wheels 16' but 10' wide...can't wait to get them!
Hope this helps...

Claude :smile:

P.S: "Trudesign Wheels" is where GBodyParts.com have theirs done...:eek:

I have some 8 inchers done by TruDesign. Go with the gbodyparts wheels . At one time TD was the only game around. Lets just say I'm not impressed by their quality control. The shells have crappy plating and the welding is way off. I've got a ton of run out that just causes me fits when I try to balance them. They make a bit more noise reguardless of the tire type I run because of that. Heres a pic of my GN with those 15X8 wheels on the front.

Attachments

• 86 GN Rear Shot.jpg
    86 GN Rear Shot.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 214
"turbofish38", maybe you were not aware that GBodyParts wheels are actually made by Trudesign!..I was told by GBodyParts themselves as I had an issue because of a mistake in my order at one time...:cool:

Claude

Anybody have these wheels? I really want the 8.5 but they do not sell this wheel anymore. I have a very low mile GN and I will NOT notch or ROLL! I think a 10" is a bit much for a street car. All I want to do is put a 275/50/15 tire on. Will this 8" work well for the application? Thanks!

I did get a set of 8in gbodyparts GN wheels, they work and look great! However, I went with the 275/60 instead of 275/50. I did not notch the frame or roll the lip.

"turbofish38", maybe you were not aware that GBodyParts wheels are actually made by Trudesign!..I was told by GBodyParts themselves as I had an issue because of a mistake in my order at one time...:cool:

Claude

Are you sure? Brian has told me the plating and workmanship are gauranteed on his wheels because they aren't made by TD. Maybe they are and it's because Brian is a stand-up type of guy? Mine were made 15 years ago. A lot can change and I'm sure it has.:smile:

Are you sure? Brian has told me the plating and workmanship are gauranteed on his wheels because they aren't made by TD. Maybe they are and it's because Brian is a stand-up type of guy? Mine were made 15 years ago. A lot can change and I'm sure it has.:smile:

We work with Jim on the wheels. We wtook a price oath years ago not to cut each other down. Somethings are done here & some are done there.
When we were shut down we did have Jim doing all our wheels. That would be about the time Claude recieved his.

Brian is right...I remember that I bought my wheels at about the same time he moved...By the way, Brian gave me great service!
Claude :)

Back