You can type here any text you want

Thinking of going back to MAF/Chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpwalt1987

I have a Gen1 Big stuff 3 right now and I am thinking of going back to a MAF/ stock ECU chip setup. What all would I need to get? ZO6 Maf? translator?
T-PLUS? I have been out of the stock ECU game for a while. What are the best options?? Thanks, Jeremy

I have a Gen1 Big stuff 3 right now and I am thinking of going back to a MAF/ stock ECU chip setup. What all would I need to get? ZO6 Maf? translator?
T-PLUS? I have been out of the stock ECU game for a while. What are the best options?? Thanks, Jeremy

There are a number of choices available. Starting with the regular translator, The more updated Translator GenII (which can utilize WOT WBO2 tracking) and almost any MAF you choose. And then the top of the line Translator Pro, which you can then continue to run mafless (speed density), or you can also run a MAF with it. The Pro also uses WOT WBO2 tracking, but can also use WBO2 tracking for idle and cruise.
All of the above require the stock ECU, and your chip of choice. Except the TRanslator Pro which requires the Extender Pro chip.

Is there a clear cut advantage as far as running MAF/speed density as far as drivability and MPG? I have 4 inch inlet ducting. What MAF would fit that without necking down?
If I am gonna get one it will be the Trans PRO. for sure, that way it will go either way as far as MAF or not.
What WBO2 can be used with these? Bosch? NTK?

And then I will need a scan tool also......

we run a reg translator with a 3.5" MAF .. Have a 4" inlet pipe and it necks down for the MAF.. Very simple. there are a lot of chips out there now. We run a TT thats adjustable. Car runs awesome !!

Back