Thinking of painting my car like this

Flames or Not

• Yes

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 74 88.1%

• Total voters
there is a lot wrong its called taking a beautifull car and butchering it.Nothing tastefull about putting ugly flames on a car that was perfect all in black.Put thats car for sale and see who is interested i it.No one thats who due to the horrible paint scheme.Go back to all black its so much better looking.

Opinions vary...:rolleyes:

As for selling...until you have built and sold many "Hot Rods"...you will have no idea. Your looking at it from a Turbo Buick point of view. Adding custom paint opens you up to a whole other world of guys who want to buy something 'Tricked-out". You dont realize it, but our turbo engines keep us from selling our cars, they dont add to it. I have heard so many guys say they would love to have a GN, but dont know anything about the LC2 and it scares them enough to stay away. This is all a matter of opinion of course, but I know this. If you lined up 20 GN's and then put the 1 with the flames in line too...it would sell. Probably not to a Buick owner either...but it would sell. Quality paint sells fast...over any other modification.

There's not much else for people to do to change the boring factory theme of a Grand National. unless you go with different wheels (everyone's already done that...still boring) or go all-out with a "loud" paint or body modification!;) I say do it...it's your car...it's not like you can't change it back to original.

this is the ghost flames i have painted on mine. i get alot of compliments on it. they run from the front of the car to just about the door handles.

Attachments

• IMAG1133.jpg
    IMAG1133.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 142
Just FYI I had dozens of offers to buy my car when it had flames on it it just wasn't for sale I went back black because I took all the fiberglass off the car to make it safer on the street I would do it again the same scheme in candy red and black opposed to the silver red and black just my opinion

camirocz said:
there is a lot wrong its called taking a beautifull car and butchering it.Nothing tastefull about putting ugly flames on a car that was perfect all in black.Put thats car for sale and see who is interested i it.No one thats who due to the horrible paint scheme.Go back to all black its so much better looking.

Nice rosewood with a spoiler and vinyl top classic :)

Coach if you put two mint turbo buicks side by side the one with montone paint will sell first.

I just made it a factual statement i been selling cars for 25 years !Bring one of your striped cars to barret jackson or meccam and see for yourself compared to an original one color car.They will laugh at you.

I do believe the above post about selling it. Im sure its a fact somewhere that more people would buy a non flamed vehicle over a flamed vehicle...BUT if you like it that way, screw everybody else. It is YOUR car. Let me preface this next part by saying this is just my opinion, and i am not trying to stir up the pot. (too much) This is about NOBODY SPECIFIC...It would seem that Im a younger guy around here (30). I own a 95 camaro z28, 72 chevelle ss wagon, 79 caprice coupe, 85 buick t type, 05 f 350, and a turbo legacy outback. I am also a forum member for each, and by far i have found buick guys to be the most picky and grumpy. You seem the oldest and are "haters" on other parts of the car culture.(except the f%#king import crowd, EVERYBODY hates on 'em equal) Including ways people want to do their buick. (theres always logic or rationale behind it too) I never come across as many posts on other forums where people are catching flack for wanting "flames" or the like. Why? Shouldnt we always support our hot rod brothers and sisters? just my 2¢.

I just made it a factual statement i been selling cars for 25 years !Bring one of your striped cars to barret jackson or meccam and see for yourself compared to an original one color car.They will laugh at you.
Sorry...cant argue with a used car salesman. Its 2 totally different worlds. Collector car market and Custom car market. B.J. and Meccam have both. Been there done that.

If you are doing it because you like it then go ahead. If you plan on selling it any time soon, I would keep it without. Everybody likes a single color ride because either they don't like graphics, or they can simply have it done to their liking when they buy it. As well as the fact that there are many styles of flames and just because someone likes flame jobs doesn't mean they like all styles of them. How many times have you seen a car and said thats an 80's look....or that a 90's look...how many times have you looked at a black GN and said "that's played out"?.....I go through a show car or two a year and never get anything with graphics that aren't of a factory style theme. Your poll shows most of this to be true....just sayin'

It is your car and you can do as you please. There will be people who hate it and there will be those who like it. I have seen people who hate to see a car modified in any way and there are people who change everything and the original car is barely noticeable.

You are the one who will have to look at it everyday and if you like it then do it. Either people will call you boring if you do the plain Jane paint or they will call you nuts if you do the flames. If you like being different then paint the flames but be prepared for the comments. Good or bad.