You can type here any text you want

This cam package.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have gaskets on standby, and a new cloyes timing set up already installed with those valve springs. Though it's a standard issue gig, for my factory engine. Would I need something different?
Besides that, that package is a drop in deal?
And lastly, how hard is it to install that cam? Anything extraordinarily difficult? My springs are new TRW's, at I think 77 pounds each.

Not hard to install at all, although I have not done it in the car. I would have to look at the eng compartment to see if it would be necessary to remove the radiator to give extra clearance. When removing and installing, be VERY careful not to scratch up the cam bearings. Other than that, install is a snap. If you do not have a roller cam button on the front, it would be a good time to swap the orig out. This basically reduces the wear on the front timing cover. You said you already had gaskets, but make sure you have the correct seal for the front cover. One installs from the front, one from the back depending on which cover you have. Most likely you have the old style seal if still the orig cover, which has a metal shoulder/ring and installs from the rear of the cover. Also, sometimes the seal wear the balancer snout to the point there is a groove on it. If the groove is too deep, and the new tighter seal is still not enough to close the gap, a sleeve may be neccessary. This is not a big deal. It is a super thin metal sleeve that you tap onto the outer surface of the balancer snout to ensure the seal seals up the space. Other than that, if your oil pressure is good there is no reason to mess with the oil pump setup or go high volume.

I think that is about it. Hope it helps.

EDit: By the way, this is a nice choice in cams. I have run the Postons cam, stocker, etc and like this one the best. Smooth idle, pulls to redline, etc.

I had my mechanic do my springs and timing chain, and I remember him mentioning something about doing the cam button as well. And that he said I had no groove... :) I'll ask just to confirm though. Thanks for the help guys.
Seems like a great upgrade, for just a 150 bucks... Even without doin the heads ya know?

Not hard to install at all, although I have not done it in the car. I would have to look at the eng compartment to see if it would be necessary to remove the radiator to give extra clearance. When removing and installing, be VERY careful not to scratch up the cam bearings. Other than that, install is a snap. If you do not have a roller cam button on the front, it would be a good time to swap the orig out. This basically reduces the wear on the front timing cover. You said you already had gaskets, but make sure you have the correct seal for the front cover. One installs from the front, one from the back depending on which cover you have. Most likely you have the old style seal if still the orig cover, which has a metal shoulder/ring and installs from the rear of the cover. Also, sometimes the seal wear the balancer snout to the point there is a groove on it. If the groove is too deep, and the new tighter seal is still not enough to close the gap, a sleeve may be neccessary. This is not a big deal. It is a super thin metal sleeve that you tap onto the outer surface of the balancer snout to ensure the seal seals up the space. Other than that, if your oil pressure is good there is no reason to mess with the oil pump setup or go high volume.

I think that is about it. Hope it helps.

EDit: By the way, this is a nice choice in cams. I have run the Postons cam, stocker, etc and like this one the best. Smooth idle, pulls to redline, etc.

Then cam can be pulled without removing the rad, you might want to take the fan off.

Back