This Car Run's Low 12's....

GNANIMO

What a joke.. check this out on ebay:

Here..

Saying this motor runs 12's??? I see no gauges in the cockpit.. that's a scary thought.. What appears to be the stock FPR, Stock turbo and stock intercooler!

What a joke. I mean try to sell the car yes, but don't BS your way all over the place like that. Some poor sucker is going to end up with this probably. I feel for him.

I wouldn't say this guy is full of BS. With traction and more boost, you can get a near stock TR into the 12's.
What appears to be the stock FPR, Stock turbo and stock intercooler
The TA series turbos are appear to be stock turbos, too. But they can carry our cars further than 12's. Not saying that is the case here, this guy's could be stock.

A couple of years ago I ran a 12.52 at 110 mph. This was with a stock turbo, stock IC, hooker exhaust, 009 inj, 307 fuel pump.:D

most likely he took the gauges out of the car to sell it

think about it.. 2 identical cars... one looks completely stock, one has an interior full of gauges.. which one would you think was beat on more?

C'mon guys!!! I can see the possibility of this MAYBE being a 12 sec car but just look at the situation..

It's a wholesaler who is selling the car, there isn't even a K&N filter on it (possibly the drop in filter, but big deal)

a 237 regulartor at the most, if that. Seriously if you were going into a shop and this guy says "the car runs 12's" you going to believe him by see just what you see in the picture???

TType84 I see you point with the gauage in/out theory but think... Would you buy a car that ran supposedly ran 12's WITHOUT any gauges???? No monitors?? Sure he could have had a turbolink but c'mon let's get serious here.

And also this guy is throwing up an auction that started at $1.00 no reserve. If this engine was as good as it's claimed to be and they knew it they would know what the car is worth and be selling it accordingly.

BUICKTR: That's a sweet time if those are truly the only mods you have. Were you on slicks?

I'm guessing the car hasn't run low 12's but that doesn't mean its not possible.

I've run 11.52 @ 118 through an air cleaner that looks like that. If you remove the lower portion of the airbox it will flow nearly as well as a cone K&N.

After I fix the massive header leaks in my '86 GN, It will run low 12's with the stock turbo, intercooler and injectors. It doesn't even have a boost gage (I plug in a boost sensing harness for turbolink for tuning)

My T ran 12.20's @110+ on drag radials with the stock turbo, intercooler and injectors with a lousy 1.800 60ft time. I've learned a lot in the five years since that should allow me to improve on that.

ahh i still call it fasle advertisement to say any car will run a stated time if its never been to the track, i've even seen cars make good dyno numbers but were unable to back it up at the track. all they have to do is throw in a little word called "potential" then they are cleared. that car doesnt look like a low 12 sec car but who knows.

have you ever heard of stock appearing:p 237 reg's come on TTA's...we ran 11s with a few :cool:

Besides what is HIS definition of low 12's? 12.3's/12.4's? That's more than doable..
I have no reason not to believe him. Mine runs 12.10 with Stock turbo, Stock IC (no big neck either), no gauges (except a boost gauge that I put on just b4 racing). I also have a scanmaster that I plug in when I go racing otherwise mine looks factory when not at the track. I'm not sure that is the factory IC in the photo either. The neck is huge compared to mine and mine has a sharper bend than the one in the photo. I even have the factory air cleaner in a box that I would put back on it to keep it "original" when I sell it.

I have no reason not to believe him.

ks:cool:

12's are pretty easy on a bone stock car under the right conditions.

Race chip

GOOD race gas.

Lotsa boost (23+)

Real sticky tires

and a good sticky track.

I did it with my wife's 87. Granted it was a 12.98@105, but what the heck. Still a 12 second car ;)

DON'T BID ON THAT CAR

I checked out a GN that was at that dealership.

It was total GARBAGE. the add said low mileage, clean interior, arrow straight.

it had 140k on it, interior was trashed, and it had multiple 3-4" rust holes all around it.

Every car at that place was trashed.

:mad:

You don't need guages to run fast....

I've run low 12's with nothing more than a boost gauge and DS. I really don't need all the extra guages to worry about. DS tells me the temp and knock so I dont need those. The car runs so there is oil pressure :)

guages smages..... :D

THIS IS A T-TYPE WITH T TOPS WITH A FRESH MOTOR BUILT BY (ANS)

ans performance.. im not real familiar but dont they ahve something to do with a guy named pete?

im pretty sure ive seen a buick with ANS performance on the side that runs 8's or something

not exactly sure though anyone else know what im talkin about? or am i thinking of something else completely unrelated?

Thats Pete Barton. He owns ANS performance in Melrose Park, IL. I went there for a club tech session once. I'm pretty sure he has a 8 sec GN.

okay so, its peteb from the chatrooms.

if its SUCH a big deal to some of you guys why dont you just ask him if he remembers building a motor in a stock appearing black t-type?