This thing is SLOOOOWWW!

Its the chip. Your injectors and fuel system say mid 11's, and your turbo and mods say low 13's!!

1) Get more mods to lean out the car more ( Best and most fun option)

2) Get a chip with a smaller pulse width down low. ( Boring but cheapest and most effective option for now)

I have basically the same combo as you. I am running stock injectors with a turbotweak alchy chip. Look in my sig for my times. I only made 3 runs and the last was the best. I was slowly lowering my tire pressure. My last (best) run was with 17 psi in the nittos. I was also running 21 #'s of boost on the stock turbo. I will be ordering 57 # injectors this week. Get a chip from Eric Marshall.

I wouldn't spend a dime on it until you learn to tune what you have. If you compare your times and your 60' times and your boost level you are not far off the pace. The post above this one ran a 13.2 on a 2.1 60' time with 21 lbs of boost.

If you get your short time down to 2.0 or 2.1 then your et will drop to the high 13s...then crank your boost up pound by pound until you are in the low 20s and monitor your fuel pressure. You will see the most gains by learning how to tune for et....at least until your car is in the low 13s...after that....you need to start spending money.

Originally posted by Torvus
Low 800's. You may be right about running rich. I've suspected that it's been running a tad rich. BLM's at idle are around 95-100. Not sure how to adjust that, it was running like that with the stock injectors and fuel pump.

If your BLM are screwed up..you have to address this first. It is the basis for fueling adjustments. Its not your cam sensor. Its wrong chip, too high a fuel pressure.

They need to be 124-132 at idle. Not pegged. Your fuel pressure may be too high, or the wrong chip is in the car.

Never race a car that has a drivability problem. You'll be changing head gaskets like theyre going out of style...

Fix your BLM's..then look else where for the other stuff..your going to pop it again if you dont.

Dont believe me..you'll see.

HTH

Julio

sounds like my car. the first time i took it to the track i ran a 16. something @ 80mph and a 2.7 60' time. talk about disapointed! i threw in some 100 octane and got a 15.6 out of it later that night. from there i gutted the cat, the droped a few 10th's, went to 3" downpipe, didn't help a bit at the track, but it did help spool on the street some. locked the torque converter, 3/10th's from a dumb little wire, it was great! and unbolted the cat from the exhaust at the track, that was another 3/10's. few other little things and i only got down to a 14.1 theres a almost stock gn up here running 13.8. I know theres a ton of play in my turbo so i'm hoping thats whats causing my problems. I also have 155k on my turbo and engine. is it possible that the air coming into the turbo can push the shaft up and cause it to bind, causing extra friction and slowing the spool? I'm hitting the traps at 102 mph, so that shoudl put me at a mid 13, its the lowend thats hurthing for me.

how does your tranny feel, could it possibly be slipping? just a thought.

tuning

Got your stk inj&chip? Put them back in and see if it helps. Stk inj are good to around 12.0's. My car stone stk with stickies(home track is slick!!!)went 8.80. Gutting cat and 14" K&N,good gas and 20# boost went 8.40-8.50 on 235/60 Radial T/A. Look at times in my sig. With slicks and a 8-10# launch and I could have dipped in the 12's w/stk chip.

I don't think the tranny is slipping. The turbo has about .060 end play on it, and I can't tell if it has ever hit the housing. Doesn't smoke or anything, but funny, my engine and turbo both have over 155k also. Maybe it's just tired. Instead of trying to get the fuel down to work with the stocker the TE-60 is on its way and we are going to start over with the new combo, custom chip and all.

If you take the MAF pipe and dp housing off, you can see any damage to the turbo fins. If it's not smoking, the seals are still ok. I'd try a different chip...stock turbos cars can run 12s, even low 12s/high 11s.

I looked at the fins, and none appear damaged, other than normal wear with some tiny dings on the edges. Nothing I would worry about. There is a small gap where the housing widens out a bit between the fin and the housing, but not sure if that is supposed to be there, or if that was because the fins were worn down against the housing. I was able to push the exhaust side and angled it a bit towards the intake side and the fins would make contact with the housing, but I'm not sure this would happen under any normal condition. It builds boost to 20, so I'm doubting that the issue is the turbo. I'm also looking at maybe a worn camshaft, and still working to replace the chip with a customized one.