Thrasher 108 timing

blackbuick87

What is the timing on a Thrasher 108? Thanks
Which works better with Alky, a Thrasher 108 or 100?

I heard rumors that the timing on the 108 was 24 degrees or so, I think the 100 is 22 degrees. I may be wrong though.....
I have had good luck with the Thrasher 100 and the stock stuff(See sig below)
I am in the process of trying a Thrasher 108 and pump gas. Email me if you need to know anymore specifics.

Thanks. I have a 108 and I am going to try it with my Alky and not even bother with the R/A 93. If it is too hot I am going to order a 100. I would rather run more timing with less boost with the stocker turbo

100 octane chip

I ran a stock injector Thrasher 100 octane chip at 21 psi.I run Sunoco 94 and xylene plus alcohol injection.It was 38 degrees out that day.I had one escape frame but no knock retard so I was at the edge of what I could run.Remember with the xylene I have 99 octane in tank.As far as timing no one can tell how much timing is in a Thrasher chip.The only person that knows is the designer of the chip and he no longer supports the program for turbo Buicks.Even the sellers of Thrasher chips do not know the timing in them.Bruce

After weeding through some code, it appears the Thrasher 108 has 28-29* timing (stress the “appears”). The Thrasher 100 looks like it has about 26*. You might be able to get it to work with alcohol, but you will most likely suffer a lot of “transitional” knock during (or just after) spoolup. This is common with high timing chips and alcy. Yes, you can tune your alcohol system to minimize it (Steve Hill comes to mind), but its not easy.
I’ve tried timing all over the place, and I always end up back around 19-20* for alcohol to eliminate the transitional knock. I even tried turning on the alcy at 1 psi, but with high timing it doesn’t always work.
On my car, with the stock turbo/intercooler, I am running 19* and 25psi boost with 92 octane and alcy with zero trans knock. I can floor it at any speed without a single degree of knock retard. If I run 20psi and 26* timing, I almost always get 3-10* knock retard at the end of spoolup but then it goes away. I like my engine too much to allow this kind of knock. I would rather sacrifice a couple mph. I plan to get a turbo that’s more efficient at higher psi (like a te44) since the stock turbo barely makes any more power at 25psi than at 22psi.

Eric

Well I have an R/A chip with 20* timing so if the Thrasher is too aggressive I can fall back on that. I was hoping with the 108 I could get great performance with 20-22 psi. I'll let you know if it wont work for me either.
By the way Eric did you try different nozzles and what alky/water mix are you using