You can type here any text you want

thrasher 92-28-k2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bryan tipton

bryan
I purchased a 87 grand national. This chip was sent to me with the car. Does anyone know anything about this chip. Or does anyone have any advice to give me before I install this chip.

I may have some old printed information in archives. I can let you know later today what I may find. They made some good chips at the time and my car ran great with one!

The 92 indicates octane rating. The 28 indicates injector size (stockish). If memory serves the K7 indicates it has anti theft(this part I'm a little fuzzy on).

The 92 indicates octane rating. The 28 indicates injector size (stockish). If memory serves the K7 indicates it has anti theft(this part I'm a little fuzzy on).

Good chips for their day in the 90's, but technology has marched on in other brands.

Ahhh the thrasher chips. That brings back memories.

Those were good stuff back in the day.....

You could use it, they do work well. But there are better chips out there today.

Ahhh the thrasher chips. That brings back memories.

Those were good stuff back in the day.....

You could use it, they do work well. But there are better chips out there today.

Just changed my chip from the Thrasher that I have been using for 10 years to the Turbo Tweak. AWESOME!! Huge improvement.

I went back through my archived info from around 2000 when I purchased a Thrasher chip for my car. I have the full listing of chips offered then by Thrasher. I did not see the 92-28 series? They offered a 92-30 series which were for stock and green stripe 30 lb injectors. As TurboDave mentioned, the k denotes anti-theft which may or may not include the stutter feature. HTH. :cool: Decent chip even by today's standards, but your car will run smoother and stronger with a Turbo Tweak chip burned for your particular combo.

the k denotes anti-theft which may or may not include the stutter feature. HTH.
Actually, the "K" represented the 11th (and final) version of the software. The stutter and anti-theft were there before level "K" came out. A Thrasher chip did not have anti-theft if a "T" was included in the chip name. The 2-step was active in every chip! If the chip had a ".2#00" nomenclature, the 2-step was set to 2#00 RPM. If there was no notation of RPM, the 2-step was set to 6,250...an RPM that only a Stage II engine in a full blown race car can handle. ;)

Thanks for setting the record straight Scott. Seems I remember you were a distributor back in the day. Here's a blast (name) from the past that I bought my Thrasher chip from- Russ Salerno. Does he still dabble with these turbo cars? :confused:

Back