You can type here any text you want

Throttle body size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oldsracer

Identity Crisis
Starting to put my motor together and went I went to put the intake manifold on I realized their was a rag in front of the butterfly that I didn't put their and was amazed it was still their after sitting on my shelf for so long. So I pull it out and that's when I realized it was being held in by oxidation. So I took the throttle body off and found insulation in the manifold so everything came apart, sandblasted, and I'm powder coating them tomorrow. My question is after half a can of carb cleaner and some sand paper I finally got the butterfly to open again but it is still very oxidized and not smooth. So I'm asking the experts, what would be best? I figure I could get this one polished/cleaned, look for another stock one, or get an aftermarket one with a larger opening. This car is going to be my daily driver for a while if that makes any difference. Also would I need to adjust or change anything to account for the larger amount of flowing air. Thanks for any and all help.

hello; That site looks interesting and I got a kick out of that bolt chart.
IBBY

Back