throw me some ideas fellas

xxninja

man my car is driving me nuts !
have any of you had a problem like this........

car idles and run great all over town, yet when i get into some boosting, say like 7-10 psi i start gettin this pinging, sound
does not sound to be mechanical sort of pinging
more of less fuel/ air or injector timing off.
something along that line

heres a lil of thing i have checked and tried in my attempt to fix this

*i have a new walbro and a working regulator, the boost line to the regulator is good as well.
i got a guage on the windshield and the Fp rises with boost.

*i got the delco 43ts plugs at .035 all clean and new, new kirban wires for the 85's and a new alternator,
*ground straps on the coil / module
*fuel injetors are the #36 installed last winter
* have new seals on a Limit turbo
* new o2 sensor
*run 94 octane with 3 gallons of 110 turbo blue
*blocked egr valve off
*tried various mafs
* have proper iac and tps setting
*car does not smoke and has new headgaskets.
*new valve springs
i have the 87 caspers module when i switched to 87 ecm last summer, i have a casper coil pack coming this weekend.

i am gunna go unplugging the cam sensor after work and go for a ride. other then that im stumped
i mean, the scanmaster shows no error at all and im not running overly rich
about #38line off on a jay carter 93 chip, i think its 17 degrees of timing. i aslo tried a thrasher 92

the car is not bogging down or losing power at all, it wants to keep going, but i wont let it, due to not wanting to cause major damage

i dont think it could be the timing chain, its a 64K car thats never even seen the track

any of you guys have problems like this? i know i read some posts, but they were not 2 helpful
maybe ya guys could throw me a frickin bone here

;)
sorry the post is soo long, but being more in depth, stops having to post 45 times with updates :)

Sounds like spark knock. You should bring it over and take me for a ride to hear what you're talking about.

maybe so
how do u get rid of it tho

cam sensor adjustment?
where in taylor are you?
i seen a national at 7-11 yesterday, lol

Mortinview & champaign area. It would be better to hear the noise before diagnosing it ,If I can't figure it out we could try toget it on my digital camera and post it.

I am having the same type of problem. Could you please continue to post updates and findings so maybe I could also benefit. I reside in South Dakota and there are not many Turbo Regals around and especially Turbo Regal experts.

Do you know anyone in the area that has a good coilpack you can try on the car?This always helps to not buy a bunch of parts you may not need.

i am gettin my coil pack monday, so says UPS,

doesnt help that im Michigan it rains so flippin much that u cant even test n tune the car, lol

i am currently looking for a selenoid for an egr valve,
i know what it looks like and where it is, but having some trouble finding one at the auto store.

do any of you have a part number?

appreciate it !!

brian

did you pull the plugs and check them? Also you might have a burned plug wire thats arching. Check you wire and plugs.