TIAL Wastegte and downtube fabrication

karolko

I know the titel is vaigue, but i would like some help from some of you boys. I am sure some of you know the answer to this.

I am going with a tial 44 wastegate, and i would like to use stainless steel mandrel u bends to build my piping for it, pre and post turbo.

I would like to know what size piping is correct for welding onto the flanges for this turbo.

Also where can i get some mendrel u bends?

Does anyone want to share any photos of their tubing work just to give me some ideas??

Thanks alot,

Adrian

Here are some pics. I dont have any with the DP installed.

Attachments

• Tial.jpg
    Tial.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 526
  • tial2.jpg
    tial2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 523
Awesome, so just to make this clear, the 2" tube slips around the outside lip of the flange, and not the inside of the entire flange itself?

Thank you very much for the photo, and the help

Adrian

Here is how I did mine. I used 2" 321 stainless, only because I have a bunch of it, otherwise I would have used 304. Verociousmotorsports.com is a great place to buy ss. Welcome to Verocious Motorsports - A Provider of High Performance Automotive Exhaust Components I also use dairy tubing when I can. It's priced right (locally) and is polished inside and out. Here is a thread on my header build. (now for sale...the car) :http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/221466-new-twin-turbo-headers.html And a TTA version of insanity:;) http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...h/228325-tta-3-5-oval-down-pipe-finished.html I used 1.5" on the TTA. Needed the room.

Awesome, so just to make this clear, the 2" tube slips around the outside lip of the flange, and not the inside of the entire flange itself?

Thank you very much for the photo, and the help

Adrian

You need to get the pipe welded to the "V" band, then the two halfs (the other half is already on the Wastegate) are connected by the "V" band clamp. If you have any more questions let me know and I can get you more pics.

Everything makes perfect sense. I just wanted to find out what size tubing everyone was using.

Do you bleed off into the atmosphere, or do you plumb back into the downpipe?