Ticking in front of engine

I've had the same issue with my GN since I got it. Slightly differs in that its quiet until warm, at idle, and in park/neutral under no load.
Here's a video I have posted in the past Here.

Already checked and replaced some of the rocker shaft buttons and inspected the crankshaft pulley for loose bolts. Had the cam sensor out when priming the oil pump after it sat for a while and it felt ok too.

Is your ticking as loud as mine?

I've had the same issue with my GN since I got it. Slightly differs in that its quiet until warm, at idle, and in park/neutral under no load.

Already checked and replaced some of the rocker shaft buttons and inspected the crankshaft pulley for loose bolts. Had the cam sensor out when priming the oil pump after it sat for a while and it felt ok too.

No Sir , from what I could tell on the video mine is not as loud .

Hard to tell from the video, and I definitely don't want to panic you, but it seems as if you may have a much bigger problem than Keith. Start a thread and gather some info to share before you do.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

Granted my ear isn't as trained as others but I've had noise similar to that and that particular one ended up being the crank pulley was loose. A rattling I thought was the bottom end was a cam sensor. I could keep going................

My noise will go away after 5 or so minutes . I have a good friend that helps me with the car and he is gonna come down soon and take a look at her but in the mean time I'm checking for loose bolts and things of that nature but I'm betting the cam sensor just from where its coming from but we will see . Thanks Guys for the help .

Hard to tell from the video, and I definitely don't want to panic you, but it seems as if you may have a much bigger problem than Keith. Start a thread and gather some info to share before you do.

God, I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah I've been planning a rebuild for a while now while I save up and scout out deals on the forums; even thinking about getting a stock running motor ready to drop in, as a proper rebuild from an engine builder in my area will be around $5k.
I still drive the car on occasion every month without any sense of panic but I never push it, really just commuting/cruising and rarely touch boost... :(

Anyways, my ticking/knocking becomes audible at idle when the oil pressure is around the 8-10psi hot and under no load in park or neutral. I'm leaning towards a Rod Bearing or something similar. Don't think its piston slap as a compression test shows all cyls normal and within tolerance. Guess I'll pull the pan next oil change and do some investigating.

My noise will go away after 5 or so minutes .
Is that after a cold start? Or just a startup in general?
Hope its an easy fix!

Yeah I've been planning a rebuild for a while now while I save up and scout out deals on the forums; even thinking about getting a stock running motor ready to drop in, as a proper rebuild from an engine builder in my area will be around $5k.
I still drive the car on occasion every month without any sense of panic but I never push it, really just commuting/cruising and rarely touch boost... :(

Anyways, my ticking/knocking becomes audible at idle when the oil pressure is around the 8-10psi hot and under no load in park or neutral. I'm leaning towards a Rod Bearing or something similar. Don't think its piston slap as a compression test shows all cyls normal and within tolerance. Guess I'll pull the pan next oil change and do some investigating.

Is that after a cold start? Or just a startup in general?
Hope its an easy fix!
It is on a cold start up only , after it warms for a while it stops , 5 min or so , and it does't make the noise after a warm start up .

I have to say, your ticking and ours seems to be on the same level. It does seem to stop under steady light load, as in holding a steady 60mph. We have a non-overdrive trans with no lock-up.

When I listen carefully, I can hear "skips" in the ticking as well at idle. Does yours do this?

Ours does it whether warm or cold. We bought the car last year with a bad water pump, did not leak but the tips of the fan blades would move 1" from the bearing wear. A lot of the engine noise went away with a new water pump, but we still have this ticking.

Sorry for the delay on the update but I haven't had time to check out the noise , been wrapped up with other things and the weather has been crappy . I will try to make a video and see if it can be heard .