Ticking in front of engine

When it warms up , after several minutes , the noise goes away . But its sounds like its coming from the cam sensor .

When it warms up , after several minutes , the noise goes away . But its sounds like its coming from the cam sensor .
That's a common issue with a worn cam sensor. As the engine warms up the oil pressure drops reducing the load on the cam sensor drive gear which also drives the oil pump. I see this all the time.

From my previous post.......

Pick one up. There not a lot of money and they work so damned good. I have narrowed down a lot of strange noises with mine. Works a lot better than the old "screwdriver to the ear" trick. You will use it a lot on these cars.

Sounding like a cam sensor can still be a lazy lifter. All valve train related noises will follow the cam. Replace the cam sensor if you have one. If that don't cure it.... it's a lifter or a rocker.

I like the leaking header theory, expands as it warms and noise goes away, also arnt the 60# injectors known to "click click click"?

If the car still has the Power Master, I'll bet the ticking noise is the countdown timer on the Power Bombster.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

From my previous post.......

Pick one up. There not a lot of money and they work so damned good. I have narrowed down a lot of strange noises with mine. Works a lot better than the old "screwdriver to the ear" trick. You will use it a lot on these cars.
I will pick one up , I also placed a large vacuum hose to it and my ear and it sounds to be the problem , I have a friend that's gonna come and verify that's it and go from there . Thank you Guys for the help Keith

Just pop the cap off and see how far you can move it up and down.

If it's the problem you should be able to make it 'clunk' by hand.

Subscribing. This is exactly how I would describe the noise our ‘78 makes. I would swear it was a rod bearing, but no rod bearing sounds that bad and lasts this long without at least getting worst. Has to be something else.

^ pop your distributor cap off and see if you can move the rotor up and down. Bonus points if you can hear 'clunks'.

Mine is coming from the front of the engine , I have another set of ears ( A Buick Friend ) to come and help soon so I will be replying the outcome but I'm betting its the can sensor .

It could be MBP?
1547943661010.png
I'm Super Serial!

Mine is coming from the front of the engine , I have another set of ears ( A Buick Friend ) to come and help soon so I will be replying the outcome but I'm betting its the can sensor .
Put your hand on the cam sensor with the engine running. You should be able to feel it.