You can type here any text you want

tight front drive-axles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sy1322

question on the front axles, are they suppose to be tight, well i installed the drivers side one, and had trouble putting the spindle on the upper control arm was hard as heck, to put on, and when i put everything together, the wheel would not turn, i had it in neutral, and both wheels up in the air, well i drove it and it started making a cluncking noise, so went back to the shop, and installed the other driveshaft, and went on a little better, but again the wheel was hard to turn in neutral, but it did turn, so i drove it and slight cluncking, thats was'nt really noticeable, but thats when the whinning started, when i accelerate on the road it get pretty loud, but when i decelerate, it gets quit, sounds like a hub bearing, one question i got, are both front axle shafts the same size, got them from advance, if that helps. should i replace both front hub bearings.

What happenned to your original front axle. It almost sounds like you have front differential or transfer case viscous coupler problems. A locked Viscous coupler will lead to ruined front differential and front axle shafts. Here is a good post on how to test them.

SyTy/SGT - Forums

Back