tight spot help...#6 cylinder

JonnyBoost

Turbo Junkie
okay just changed the plugs and wires on the buick...but i can't get the #6 cylinder plug boot to snap on...my fat fingers are no help under there.

i know there has to be some trick that one of you guys have to get access to that bad boy. anyone??

thanks,
jon

First of all, how did you change plugs if you cant reach to put the boot on? I don't think there is any trick to putting the boot back on, for me it isn't really any more difficult than the others. Maybe try putting that one on first so the others arent in the way... or get someone with a really small hand to help ;)

im a memeber of the fat stubby finger club myself- i did plug wires last week- i couldnt get it at first i took a break came back and push the hell out of it till i heard the magical snap

If its that bad, pull the motor mount bolt and jack up the pass. side of the motor a little.
Or, lay across your motor...laying on the drivers side fender. Youll get better access to it.

yeah i know it sounds crazy, but i got the plug in fine. the boot is crazy long and i can get it on the plug, it just wont f'n snap down like the rest.

i was thinkin of using some channel locks but i didnt want to screw up the new wires. who knows maybe when i go out there in the morning it'll go on easy, that sometimes works ;)

thanks for the suggestions!