Time for new turbo...give me your thoughts.

It sounds like the 6776 would make for a great street,strip Turbo but on the street once again at 18lbs of boost probably won't benefit much more then my TE-44.Also require's a slightly bigger stall speed then the 44.Maybe this CPT-66 might be something to consider for a more street oriented turbo.Im sure the 6776 is great on the street as well but not much better at lower boost levels and on 93 Octane.

I'd hold off on buying a turbo until you see what PTE is about to release to the public. A local import shop is testing a new turbo of there's and the dyno graph is just killing the older wheel combo's, spooling faster and making more power.

Billet compressor wheel with the new boosted exhaust wheel is laying the smack down on everything. It might cost more but you could run a 67 in a .63 and it'll make more power yet spool probably like a 63mm wheel or smaller. Do it in ball bearing and I bet it's spooling like a journal bearing TE60 from yester year.

But it has to create more power at the same boost level.Compare the TE-44 and TE-60 at 18 lbs of boost and you can't tell the difference.I want a turbo that gives more power at that streetable 18lbs of boost that spools great.I thought at 18lbs the 6152 would have more power.Im in no rush to buy a turbo right now so i will wait.I got some minor things to do to the car.:cool:

"am looking for streetable with some serious smack down power!"

Well, I run a non ball bearing TE45a 67mm in my Turbo T with a 3000 stall PTS 9/11 converter. Spools up fine for me, almost as fast spooling as my stock 13.8 second GN. The T ran 10.921 @ 126.95 first time at the track. Haven't been back since. It's my daily driver since its the quickest of my cars.

"am looking for streetable with some serious smack down power!"

Well, I run a non ball bearing TE45a 67mm in my Turbo T with a 3000 stall PTS 9/11 converter. Spools up fine for me, almost as fast spooling as my stock 13.8 second GN. The T ran 10.921 @ 126.95 first time at the track. Haven't been back since. It's my daily driver since its the quickest of my cars.

It seems like Turbo lag is tolerated differently by everyone.Sure that TE45 pulls hard on top but its got to be hard to tune with that small converter to get it to spool like stock.I know if I go to big I won't be happy.I went through 3 Turbo's so far.A stage 3 Cheetah Turbo,a 60-1 Turbo Lag Terrible,now the TE-44 which is fun and the best so far.On the top end Im not sure it pulls that hard though.I was thinking the 6152.I don't understand i thought the TE45A was called just that.Whats the 67MM stand for???

Whats the 67MM stand for???
There were older TE45's that were smaller than 67mm.

Don't get me wrong, it definately doesn't spool as fast as when I had a TE44 .63 a/r on this same converter. That was instant tire smoke. However, I like a softer hit on the street since with 695 rwtq at 3500 rpm it tends to light the tires up around 7-10psi boost on the street. At 25+ psi boost my M/T ET Drags struggle for traction on the street. I actually like a tiny amount of lag here. Oh, and my TE45a is a Precision .63 exhaust housing fwiw.

There were older TE45's that were smaller than 67mm.

Don't get me wrong, it definately doesn't spool as fast as when I had a TE44 .63 a/r on this same converter. That was instant tire smoke. However, I like a softer hit on the street since with 695 rwtq at 3500 rpm it tends to light the tires up around 7-10psi boost on the street. At 25+ psi boost my M/T ET Drags struggle for traction on the street. I actually like a tiny amount of lag here. Oh, and my TE45a is a Precision .63 exhaust housing fwiw.

But at 25lbs of boost you must be using race gas.Im looking for a turbo that i do not have to use race gas.The TE45A is a great Turbo but its just not a great street Turbo from what many say.Great on the track.:cool:

Also you need to run at least a 3600-3800 converter I would think.i don't know how streetable that would be.

I bought a cpt66bb turbonetics turbo from Cottons and like it. Jack recommended it highly!!No water connections needed. I try not to get water close to oil if avoidable. Just my .02

Yeah I'm thinking of buying that one too. Turbonetics are nice 12 month warranty and a built-in oil filter.

But at 25lbs of boost you must be using race gas.Im looking for a turbo that i do not have to use race gas.The TE45A is a great Turbo but its just not a great street Turbo from what many say.Great on the track.:cool:

If you are only running pump gas, no alky, then a TE44 is really more turbo than needed. 3000 stall l/u converter with a TE44 is a very good street setup. I ran 13.1 on pump gas with that turbo back in the day. For the few times at the track, it can push 24psi if needed on race gas and race chip. I blew the back of my engine off with a TE44, literally.

If you are only running pump gas, no alky, then a TE44 is really more turbo than needed. 3000 stall l/u converter with a TE44 is a very good street setup. I ran 13.1 on pump gas with that turbo back in the day. For the few times at the track, it can push 24psi if needed on race gas and race chip. I blew the back of my engine off with a TE44, literally.

Thats what a few honest guys say.They always say go bigger.But if your not going above 18lbs of Boost what advantages are there of going with a bigger Turbo.Im sure there fun at the track but I can't afford 100 Octane on the street.The only thing is that I may want to deal with the Devil which is adding a 50 shot of Nitrous.Back off timing 3 degree's,93 Octane and put in a bigger fuel jet.I wonder how it would hold up.:rolleyes:

The turbo I mentioned was comparable to the 35R and it not only spooled faster but made more HP and TQ at the same PSI all throughout the dyno graph.

It was better everywhere, sooner and later on all at the same psi.

The turbo I mentioned was comparable to the 35R and it not only spooled faster but made more HP and TQ at the same PSI all throughout the dyno graph.

What turbo was that? I would like to limit my boost to a conservative number...haven't settled on that number yet, but I always seem to say 20-24...

I wonder when it comes out and how it performs at streetable Boost levels and how it spools.:cool:

Yup, there's a newer version with a new HP turbine wheel that's supposed to be even better than the old one I've got.

Here's how my 6776 P-trim .63 spools off the foot brake. click to view vid.

Hey what size down pipe and exhaust you running?

Thanks, I was always told a bigger downpipe than stock would allow the turbo to spool instantly like yours does.

New GT35 Killer Turbo - GT850R - evolutionm.net

The blue turbo line is pretty much the PTE67/76 and the red line is the newest PTE billet/boosted combo, it destroyed it down low and in the mid spool up. Look at 60mph, the new wheel made over 120hp more to the wheel!!! Keep in mind this is a different motor ( 2.0L 8.5:1 comp ) which has much less low end torque so on our beasts these turbos will be amazing.

PTE hasn't said much about this but it's shipping in about 3 weeks and PTE has slipped a tad over the phone saying it will be out over the summer now.

Surprised we haven't had any vendors tipping us off on the release to curb buying other turbo's but I'm glad I waited now. A BB67 Billet/Boosted turbo will be a high 9 street turbo for us now!! It looks like it'll spool a tad slower than the regular 61mm wheels.

New GT35 Killer Turbo - GT850R - evolutionm.net

The blue turbo line is pretty much the PTE67/76 and the red line is the newest PTE billet/boosted combo, it destroyed it down low and in the mid spool up. Look at 60mph, the new wheel made over 120hp more to the wheel!!! Keep in mind this is a different motor ( 2.0L 8.5:1 comp ) which has much less low end torque so on our beasts these turbos will be amazing.

PTE hasn't said much about this but it's shipping in about 3 weeks and PTE has slipped a tad over the phone saying it will be out over the summer now.

Surprised we haven't had any vendors tipping us off on the release to curb buying other turbo's but I'm glad I waited now. A BB67 Billet/Boosted turbo will be a high 9 street turbo for us now!! It looks like it'll spool a tad slower than the regular 61mm wheels.
I wonder what kind of converter it requires.A 9 second car may need the after market block.