Time for new turbo...give me your thoughts.

Thats what a few honest guys say.They always say go bigger.But if your not going above 18lbs of Boost what advantages are there of going with a bigger Turbo.Im sure there fun at the track but I can't afford 100 Octane on the street.The only thing is that I may want to deal with the Devil which is adding a 50 shot of Nitrous.Back off timing 3 degree's,93 Octane and put in a bigger fuel jet.I wonder how it would hold up.:rolleyes:
Considering adding nitrous but not considering running more than 18# boost ?? :confused: Get an alky kit and run pump 93 and 25# of boost with a bigger turbo and never look back and forget the nitrous :D

Considering adding nitrous but not considering running more than 18# boost ?? :confused: Get an alky kit and run pump 93 and 25# of boost with a bigger turbo and never look back and forget the nitrous :D

I may upgrade to a GT-61 Turbo as I would have no need to go much bigger then that.I think thats the similar 6152 Turbo.Id rather go with Alky too.

I think the PTE GT6162 replaces the 6152.

I just ordered up that turbo mentioned above. The PTE 6262 billet DBB with the S cover 4"/2.5". This thing should make me a highway star!! :D

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys. :cool:

The bigger the Turbo the more time tuning it which is ok if you have the time.I would worry about the stock block on a big Turbo although if tuned right it usually will last.Need more then a scanmaster to tune a combination in the 10's though.Thats why Im a bit hesitant to change my 44 out until I get the tuning issues with that one.Probably has to do with my 009 injector's.On the street alot of guys don't like going beyong a 61 Turbo.

With a scan tool get a WB and knock sensor. I would not be scared putting a big turbo on a 109. I would of done it by now but I ran out of $$$$. I cant wait to get rid of my 009s, they are good injectors but for my needs dont work too well.

I wonder how the 6262 will be down low compared to your TE-60.Stock Block can handle alot your right if you have a WB,Knock Detector and a Scanmaster.The stock Transmission won't last long going in the 10 second range but that depends on if the car is going to see alot of track time or more street duty.:cool:

If I had the stock cam and head motor, IMO - I would not use a 66+ turbo. I thought we were talking about the block not the trans. Most trans have to be gone thru once in the 12s. Heck mine started slipping once I got in the mid 13s.

Mine has 104,500 miles on it and can you believe some guy tried to talk me into putting a Cam in it for just over $1500.I think that is the foolish way to go.Id feel better if the motor was redone along with the Cam.I guess the stock motor can last alot longer but not when being pushed or raced the track.Going to big on a Cam is usually not street friendly and doesn't help spooling either.

Do what I did, find someone that needs to dump a motor project and get it for 40% off. Keep your eye on the For Sale threads, there was a lot of nice motors @ good price ~$6K. I noticed zero differance with the 212 cam on the street. I wish it had a bigger cam. :biggrin:

I was quoted a price of $5,000 do redo my whole engine.I guess that $6,000 includes other things.I wouldn't go bigger then a 212/212 Cam.Just don't need that big of a Cam in a Turbo car.Sounds like a great street/strip Cam though.