Time to return....

billsgn

Hard Member
Hey guys,

Been gone a while from the Buick scene but Im thinking it might be a good time to get back into it. I sure miss the good times we had back in the day.... :cool:

So, if anyone knows of a good 86-87 TR/GN for sale under $10, let me know.

Bill

Hmm, I must of picked a bad time to return as nobody's around anymore and there aren't any decent cars for sale. ;)

WTF? $10? How did that happen?

Anyways, what Im looking for is something under $10K. If anyone knows of anything out there, please let me know.

Thanks, Bill

Wow, 55 views and Im still talking to myself. This place is definately not like it used to be. Maybe its not the right time to get back into TR's.... :confused:

Bill, search the old posts. There are some out there that could be bought for that kind of money. I would think that as tight as money is right now, you'll get some response. I don't think people monitor the board as much as "the good old days". Good luck. Nice to see people coming back to the GN's.

Where you at in the PNW? I really think it is that most people are just hanging on to them now a days.

Everett, WA.

Ive been looking for awhile. Heck, I will go half way across the country for the right car.

10k should score you a decent car these days. There have been a few sold over the last few months in that range. Not a whole hell of a lot for sale these days tho unfortunately. I too was looken for a driver but not much luck.

But to be honest $13-14k will get you a really nice car these days so id look to spend a little more and get a whole hell of a lot more. Guys are giving very nice cars away at that price.

These things are like Herion. You walk away but you always return to chase that dragon down the highway.

Hey guys,

Been gone a while from the Buick scene but Im thinking it might be a good time to get back into it. I sure miss the good times we had back in the day.... :cool:

So, if anyone knows of a good 86-87 TR/GN for sale under $10, let me know.

Bill

Heh. . . Bill. Long time no see! Hope all is well with you! I just bought a local-since-new 1987 GN a couple of weeks ago (121K miles, no rust, factory everything, okay repaint). We're working on restoring her right now (tranny rebuild, vac brake conversion, tune-up, exhaust, fuel pump/hw/reg, etc.). I had intended to build her into a mid 11s 109 car and keep her, but I might be talked into parting with her somewhere near your price range. . . then again, once I get her running right, I might fall back under the spell. :)

10k should score you a decent car these days. There have been a few sold over the last few months in that range. Not a whole hell of a lot for sale these days tho unfortunately. I too was looken for a driver but not much luck.

But to be honest $13-14k will get you a really nice car these days so id look to spend a little more and get a whole hell of a lot more. Guys are giving very nice cars away at that price.

These things are like Herion. You walk away but you always return to chase that dragon down the highway.

Yeah, Im in no hurry (obviously as I sold my last one in 03. ;) ) I will definately take my time and wait for the right car / price.

Heh. . . Bill. Long time no see! Hope all is well with you! I just bought a local-since-new 1987 GN a couple of weeks ago (121K miles, no rust, factory everything, okay repaint). We're working on restoring her right now (tranny rebuild, vac brake conversion, tune-up, exhaust, fuel pump/hw/reg, etc.). I had intended to build her into a mid 11s 109 car and keep her, but I might be talked into parting with her somewhere near your price range. . . then again, once I get her running right, I might fall back under the spell. :)

Jason? Been a long time for sure. Let me know on that car, I might be interested.

Thanks, Bill

Jason? Been a long time for sure. Let me know on that car, I might be interested.

Thanks, Bill

Yup, it's Jason. I'll let you know how she turns out. The car's up at Speedway right now - I'll be up there tomorrow puttering around with her. Well, actually mostly getting in Dan's way while he tries to do real work. . . :)

Check autotrader.com I saw a couple on there for under 10 g's when i was looking for mine. They might need a little work thou.

GN for sale

I am selling my gn...:(, benn unemployed for almost a year, held out as long as i could, but it's time to part ways. PM me or call (206)650-0954 i can send u pics, and i can talk to you. I've talked to geno about what the car is worth so give me a call. Thank Ian :)

I am selling my gn...:(, benn unemployed for almost a year, held out as long as i could, but it's time to part ways. PM me or call (206)650-0954 i can send u pics, and i can talk to you. I've talked to geno about what the car is worth so give me a call. Thank Ian :)

Damn, Im heading down to Jacksonville Friday morning to pick up a Turbo T. I wish I had known about this car sooner as I was back home this past weekend. :frown: