You can type here any text you want

Timing Chain info?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

I pulled my front cover to see that my tensioner had no rubber on it, now i was told that you can't put a tensioner on a Double Roller Chain. I didnt build this engine, but im taking parts off this 3.8(109) swapping them to a 4.1. So now here's the ??? This chain has a lot of play, and i can replace it with another double roller, but I want the tensioner. The engine im putting the cam in is a 4.1, and i notice it had a steel gear, so can i get a stock steel gear for a 4.1, and will it bolt to my roller cam with no problems?? Then i can run the tensioner, right?

I dont understand what the gears have to do with as the tensioner rides on the actual chain & the double roller chains will eat up the tensioner.

Im not sure that it is a double roller, it has to much slack in the chain. I ordered a Edl 7829 yesterday. Thx for the reply. This chain dont need tensioner right? How long do they last? Also the advertising on the chain says not to rev over 6,500rpm, but i dont shift that high anyway.

With a double roller they need to go on tight. If you had a line bore & hone you will probably need at leat a 2 thous under & maybe 4 thous. Shouldnt move side to side more than 1/4"-3/8" when installed.

I installed the chain tonight, the one that was on there was a stock replacement part, why would the guy who did my engine put a stock chain on a roller setup? Anyway the roller chain has very little play, and was easy to install. Maybe that explain why my car didnt pull on top end, and picked up KR over 5500 RPM.

Back