You can type here any text you want

Timing chain replacement

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
i have an 83 t-type (i hope i'm posting engine q's in the right place) and i need a new timing chain. i was considering a Cloyes true roller timing chain or a Milodon performance chain. I am running a stock 1983 t-type engine and it doesn't have the vin A or 8 if that helps at all. Should i stick with a stock chain replacement or will a performance be a little bit strong for the motor/cam?

If you’re not planning to change the cam timing; the stock style gear sets last a long time. The Nylon gears are quiet; but sometimes the teeth come off. The stock style steel gear and chain sets should work fine.

If you go with a roller style; be sure to remove the chain tensioner; or the chain will probably remove it for you.

stock set up is good, change out the cam bolts with new, been down that road with old cam bolts, you do not want to break one off in the cam while torquing on your new gear to 31lb. ft. with the old bolts.

Ron

I don't mind the rope seals; but some folks have a lot of trouble figuring out how to put them in. Just read the directions well.

The little tabs of oil pan gasket are all you need to replace.

Back