Timing chain

2005gt3

Hello I would like to do my timing chain need some help on which may be best. stock 1986 national. I think it is recommended to change the cam button im not sure whats all will need to be changed while I have the front cover off. I was thinking front seal rear main seal while im in there and I would like to change the valve spring at same time. if anyone can add supporting items please inform any feed back and brand of parts is greatly welcome. thank you

roller cam button for a '95 Park Ave, new plastic rocker buttons, springs, intake seals, valve cover gaskets, do my oil mods while the cover is off, If you don't feel good hand lapping the filter adapter, get a new one of those.

New Melling pickup screen, can or The Right Stuff instead of an oil pan gasket, quality oil filter that's supposed to be for a 94 S10 4.3 vin W (AKA, not Fram)

...and the neoprene front seal will come in the TCS45930 timing cover gasket kit.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but while on the subject, Im in the process of refinishing a GM front timing cover & need to replace the original rope seal on it.
Whats the simplest way to remove this old relic of a seal?
Looks to be 4 index marks hammered around its circumference to ensure the rope seal & won't easily pull out.

roller cam button for a '95 Park Ave, new plastic rocker buttons, springs, intake seals, valve cover gaskets, do my oil mods while the cover is off, If you don't feel good hand lapping the filter adapter, get a new one of those.

New Melling pickup screen, can or The Right Stuff instead of an oil pan gasket, quality oil filter that's supposed to be for a 94 S10 4.3 vin W (AKA, not Fram)

...and the neoprene front seal will come in the TCS45930 timing cover gasket kit.

Thank you very much

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but while on the subject, Im in the process of refinishing a GM front timing cover & need to replace the original rope seal on it.
Whats the simplest way to remove this old relic of a seal?
Looks to be 4 index marks hammered around its circumference to ensure the rope seal & won't easily pull out.

Take a hammer and a drift or a large flat head. One good whack and it pops right out.

When driving the new seal in, be careful not to hit the lip seal. If you do, make sure you didn't tear the rubber under the lip. If you didn't, just put the spring back in there and keep swinging.

Also be sure and grind/file, etc the stake marks on front cover from rope seal, also a lil trick with the rear main is to stagger the parting lines slightly so the mating faces of the seal are not equal with cap/block faces stagger up in the channels say a 1/4ish"