You can type here any text you want

timing parameters

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

I put out post back on 3/24 ref possible fake knock while launching the car. I believe the timing parameters are knocking the timing down- the car falls on its face for a split second.. Had alot of looks at the post, but- no responses..I see no problems with the run after the launch. I still have the knock sensor hooked up-- disconnect it?? My parameters now are--Max 10 degrees/attack 2.0 and .5 decay. Any suggestions on changing those? Thanks- LArry

Log the timing the next time you do this. If the knock sensor is pulling timing out a data log will make it obvious. You could also just try it once without the knock sensor and see how you do.

I am not a big fan of knock sensors on high performance applications. They have a hard time differentiating between real engine knock and all the noises that high performance engine parts normally make. This is something I see a lot of and the only way around it in my opinion is to not run a knock sensor.

Originally posted by Craig Smith

I am not a big fan of knock sensors on high performance applications. They have a hard time differentiating between real engine knock and all the noises that high performance engine parts normally make. This is something I see a lot of and the only way around it in my opinion is to not run a knock sensor.

Welll,
that's not entirely true. The J+S K/S stuff seems to be pretty darned good. Also the new Bosch system used on the GM racing C5s sounds neat.

IMNSHO, there are too many guys still caught in the mind set of running all the timing they can, rather then running what the engine wants, or running the min while maintaining max performance. And tip-in detonation will kill a motor just as WOT detonation will, just takes longer.
YMMV,
Again, opinion.

Originally posted by bruce

IMNSHO, there are too many guys still caught in the mind set of running all the timing they can, rather then running what the engine wants, or running the min while maintaining max performance. And tip-in detonation will kill a motor just as WOT detonation will, just takes longer.

Agreed.

My opinion too.:)

Back