Timming Cover

steveX

Banned
Can i use the timming cover from the 4.1 production motor on a stage II 4.1? if i can was kind of modification will i have too do?. thank you.

Yes you can, BUT, depends on whether the S2 you're going to put it on is on-center or off-center whether there'll be any mods needed.

This is a S-1 off-center block, yes i do plan on doing heavy mod too it. looking to go into the 9`s.

thanks guy. this have just made my project cheaper.

but one more question

i am installing the gardle. do you guy use a gasket between the block and gardle? if so which one? i am thing about using the cork gasket with some kind of sealant.

WTF???

Originally posted by steveX
thanks guy. this have just made my project cheaper.

but one more question

i am installing the gardle. do you guy use a gasket between the block and gardle? if so which one? i am thing about using the cork gasket with some kind of sealant.

Why would you attempt to put a "gardle" on a stage 2 block??
:confused: :confused:

BTW, it's a girdle!:D

As far as the ft cover goes, suggest you look to see what oiling system is in this "stage 2" block you are using....;)

i am install the girdle on a 109 block with the 4 billet main cap, crowler rod ,JE piston, total seal ring. the 109 long block i am selling to a friend for $4500. if figure the money can help complete the stage 1 build up. my frind in putting or should i say we are putting the 109 long block into a 97 chevy S-10 pick-up truck. since i am replacing this motor with a stage unit i figure i might has well sell it cause i may never have use for it.