You can type here any text you want

Timming Cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

steveX

Banned
Can i use the timming cover from the 4.1 production motor on a stage II 4.1? if i can was kind of modification will i have too do?. thank you.

Yes you can, BUT, depends on whether the S2 you're going to put it on is on-center or off-center whether there'll be any mods needed.

This is a S-1 off-center block, yes i do plan on doing heavy mod too it. looking to go into the 9`s.

yes

Off center will fit as our production eng. are off center. On center requires some work.

thanks guy. this have just made my project cheaper.

but one more question

i am installing the gardle. do you guy use a gasket between the block and gardle? if so which one? i am thing about using the cork gasket with some kind of sealant.

WTF???

Originally posted by steveX
thanks guy. this have just made my project cheaper.

but one more question

i am installing the gardle. do you guy use a gasket between the block and gardle? if so which one? i am thing about using the cork gasket with some kind of sealant.

Why would you attempt to put a "gardle" on a stage 2 block??
:confused: :confused:

BTW, it's a girdle!:D

As far as the ft cover goes, suggest you look to see what oiling system is in this "stage 2" block you are using....;)

i am install the girdle on a 109 block with the 4 billet main cap, crowler rod ,JE piston, total seal ring. the 109 long block i am selling to a friend for $4500. if figure the money can help complete the stage 1 build up. my frind in putting or should i say we are putting the 109 long block into a 97 chevy S-10 pick-up truck. since i am replacing this motor with a stage unit i figure i might has well sell it cause i may never have use for it.

Back