You can type here any text you want

Tips for a BG first-timer??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'82turboGN

First time takin the trip up to BG. I have no idea what to expect or what to bring? How are the vendors up there? Is it reasonable or common to get any deals on parts or cars? Not sure if we should bring the trailor or not. Thanks

- If you are looking for a car, bring the trailer and cash. Cash is king. Make sure to check the car coral (area where for sale cars are allowed to park) Good deals are to be had all week as more people show up. Prepare to do some walking tho. If you find the exact car you've been looking for, remember, you get what you pay for and don't wait too long, it more than like will be sold very quickly. Over the years, I have known a lot of people who have saved up, just to go to Bowling Green for the sole purpose of buying a Turbo Buick. It has always been the best place to go to find one. If you find "the one" you're looking for, but want a second opinion, I'm sure there will be someone there who would be willing to give you a second opinion.

- Vendors row is typically going strong by late Wed, into Thursday. Always ask for show special prices. Doesn't hurt to ask and you never know what you might get. Typically, 10% off regular retail pricing is a good deal.

- When the vendors do show up, things sell fast so it's best to be there early if you are looking for something particular.

- Don't forget about the car show on Friday. Always a site to see. Sometimes you'll see a for sale sign on some of them as well.

- Golf cart rentals will be available, highly recommended if you plan on doing some shopping and seeing everything in a short amount of time.

- Food is good. Not cheap, but good. Best to save the appetite for the restaurants in town. Burgers are tasty tho.

- Pay attention when you first get to the entrance. There are typically two ways to get into the track. Usually they will have a sign showing which one of the two roads will be the entrance.

- Bathroom facilities are to be expected, not 5 star clean, but they get the job done.

- Bring your video camera and digital camera. Take tons of videos and pictures. Post them on here the following week. Hint hint. :D

- Bring something nice and soft to sit on for the bleachers. You will love watching the races under the shaded grand stands, I know I certainly do. But, the bleachers get uncomfortable after an hour of watching races.

- Sunglasses and sunscreen are a must. Hats help too. :cool:

- Typically, if you are there for the entire week, time will fly by. Enjoy it as much as possible.

Just some thoughts.

Patrick

Patrick hit the nail on the head!;) x10! Watch out if we have the dreaded four letter word: rain, turns into mudfest really quick. Havent been in about 8 years interested to see if the street scene by Autozone is still going strong? Any comments from those who have been as of late?

I know its off topic but VETKILR, how do you like the setup you have? Whats the turbo like? Spools up quick on the line? My setup is similar to yours though not quite as strong so i was wondering what kind of et's, short times, and mph you were pulling. Im in the market for a turbo real bad but have no idea what to go with. Im new to turbo buicks :biggrin:
Sorry for postin this in this section but your combo caught my attention.

Back