tips for getting those rear spark plugs out

Re: Re: tips for getting those rear spark plugs out

The whole thread summed up!! Thanks turboJim!!
Thanks to all that helped!!!! Much appreciated!!

-nero-

Originally posted by TurboJim
Go to your local repair shop, ask when their Snap On tool truck comes. Show up on that day and buy a snap on 5/8 BALL type swivel plug socket. They have them as a socket only, with a 6" extension as a part of it, and a 24" extension as part of it. The ball type socket wont bind and will help prevent cracking the spark plug as you try to overcome the U-joint types bind.

I have all of them, but if I were telling you what to buy, I'd get the one with the 6" extension. In some spots, the 24 is too long, and with the 6" one, if its too short, you just add an extension to it. Another real nice thing about this socket w/extension attached is, when you pull it off the plug, the socket wont be stuck on the plug and you wont be fighting to grab it with yer hands which is a pain in the ass :)

None of the plugs are hard. It shouldnt take you more than 10 mins to change all of them...unless you are talking a hot air....then ughh... still shouldnt take more than 1/2 hour.

Jim

snap on

Doesn't look like Snap-On carries the socket with extension, but their site does have the socket (w/ out attached extension) part number: S9710KB

But it's 40 bucks :( .... Anything compareable, that's cheaper? ;)

Thanks again :D :D

Re: snap on

Originally posted by nero
Doesn't look like Snap-On carries the socket with extension, but their site does have the socket (w/ out attached extension) part number: S9710KB

But it's 40 bucks :( .... Anything compareable, that's cheaper? ;)

Thanks again :D :D

Read the post made by Strike Eagle man...Sears Hardware is your friend