You can type here any text you want

Tips on improving my spoolup with FAST?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
lean is mean!! However, bes thing i have done to improve spool is ceramic the turbine in and out! huge difference!

Make it rich(11.5-12:1) at the area that you start spooling and then lower your advance to 10* in the same area.
This will make the fuel burn more in the headers and spool the turbo sooner.
I tried to do this with my T78 and 1.15 turbine but didnt work 100%, so i went with a 1.00 turbine
I SAW some noticable improvement though

Originally posted by nightdiver
Make it rich(11.5-12:1) at the area that you start spooling and then lower your advance to 10* in the same area.
This will make the fuel burn more in the headers and spool the turbo sooner.
I tried to do this with my T78 and 1.15 turbine but didnt work 100%, so i went with a 1.00 turbine
I SAW some noticable improvement though

My target a/f is 11.4 if I remember correctly so I guess I'll have to make mine like 10.0 or so.

Thanks

Retarding the timing and burning fuel in the exhaust works very well on clutch cars, but it sometimes worsens things for automatic cars. The clutch cars almost always respond favorably to this because they have RPM to get some exhaust velocity as well. When you are up on a converter that flashes at 2500 with no boost, you aren't moving enough air to make the turbo work that well, and sometimes the timing trick kills power (and therefore exhaust velocity) without enough of a positive impact on turbo speed to overcome it. Then you need to try and tune the engine to make as much low-end torque as possible to get exhaust velocity up.

I guess thats why it didnt work 100% on my set up.The truck stayed with 3000 rpm at the line and just 4 psi of boost...it wouldnt scream. With the 1.00 turbine i saw the light:D
Its not about the converter if someone is thinking about....i reved this converter at the line till 3500 with my old T67 P trim

Back