Tips on storing my TTA

JCSTTA

USAF
Next month I am putting my TTA in storage for the next 5 years (moving overseas) What advice can you guys give me on keeping it in the same shape as it is now? The car will be stored in a unheated garage so keep that in mind. I do plan on a full resto when I get back as well.

TIA

The gas tank is going to be an issue, maybe drain it and add a lot of stabil to whats left, so when you get back the FP wont be all rotted. Some would say oil down the cylinders, the tranny will be ok. And the brake fluid would help to have new stuff put in before you leave. To keep moisture content down.

Keep it on jack stands to keep the suspension fresh, and maybe synthetic maybe a better oil for storage purposes.

I've never stored a car that long. This is what comes to mind.

HTH

J.

Only thing I'd add to what Razor said is I try to fill the tanks up as much as possible and use lots of stabil. Gets rid of as much air/moisture in the tank to help prevent the insides of the tank from rusting/corosion. Dont forget to run the car with the stabil in it to get it into the pump, regulator, and injectors.

Also put some dry packs inside the car to absorb any moisture and keep the mildew/mold down. If you dont find dry packs then some baking soda on doubled up paper towels placed around the interior will work well too.

Oh and dont forget a good cover :)

HTH,
Steve

If it's gonna sit still for 5 years you should loosen the rockers and unload the valve springs unless you plan on replacing them when you get back.

bob

Maybe try one of those inflatable bubble things? They're supposed to be quite good for longer term storage.

-Jade

leave it at my house,,I will start it on Fridaynights for you...:eek: :D :D :D and if its nice on Saturdays I will also start it;) ;)