You can type here any text you want

tire choice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; I asked this last year and I was wondering if there are any more comments for a performance street driven daily driver. As of 03/2010. I know but I want it all. price,milage and performance in all conditions so don't start with the back talk.
I think it's 245-50-16 tire
thanks
IBBY

you cant have it all. its the way of the world. whats your highest priority? mileage or traction?

hello people; Berserker, I do want tires that do it all but tire life is more important to me than all out performance. Do you have a tire choice?
IBBY

hello people; Berserker, I do want tires that do it all but tire life is more important to me than all out performance. Do you have a tire choice?
IBBY

If tire life is your #1 concern, then high performance goes out the window. A long wearing tire is not going to be worth a flying **** as far has handling is concerned.

A true high performance summer tire is going to last 20,000 miles, max. Closer to 10,000 if you drive as intended.

go with used and stock up:smile:...plenty cheap with more than 50% tread in your local ads.

nitto 555r will give you roughly 10000 miles. and very good performance. how much driving do you do with your car a year?

hello people; Berserker, I really just got the car back to driving last year. It's been sitting in a garage. But I did put in some money into it then and I called it a money pit. I have talked about this in the past and what I spent was peanuts to some members. But I'll be driving it to work and around and not in the winter so I guess I'll be putting maybe 15 thou. for a guess.
IBBY

if youre gonna do 15thou a year then go with a frest set of nittos every year. they ride pretty nice and give good traction. not meant for cold weather tho or even rain for that matter

hello people; When my car is out it's out. Last year I drove alot in the rain with my worn Dunlop D40-M2's and it was not fun. The tire is not made anymore but it was a directional tire and when new they were nice but there gone now. Thats another thing the tire should handle the rain also. I think I might try and find the best performing all weather tire and go on to something else for the car. Do you think there is such a thing?
IBBY

IBBY,

Look at the General Exclaim UHP. I don't think you can beat it for overall features as you claim to be trying to find and pricing. Tire Rack claims it can't be used in winter yet General rates it a M & S tire. Only question is does it come in your size.

Dean

hello people; Nwarky I looked that tire up quickly and my size is not there but it sounded pretty good. And size is going to be my problem.It seems that the 16's are limited to choice.
thanks
any more ideas in turbo land?
IBBY

hello people; I was just looking at tires in my size and I'am considering the bridgestone potenza pole position, They discribe it as a ultra high performance all season tire. I'am still on the hunt.
IBBY

I've got one tire choice and I will stick to this tire for a very long time simply because how they handle "In ALL sorts of stuff"..

TOYO PROXIS T1R

*Took 20mph curves at 50mph in the drizzling rain and they held like glue!
*Took them to the track at the TB.com event and cut 1.845 60' times with them!
*Can't break them loose at 40mph on dry pavement like the others..

To me these are Awesome all around tire that can't be beat..

Scot W.

hello people; Just to be curious. Scott what size tire you runnin?
IBBY

I've got one tire choice and I will stick to this tire for a very long time simply because how they handle "In ALL sorts of stuff"..

TOYO PROXIS T1R

*Took 20mph curves at 50mph in the drizzling rain and they held like glue!
*Took them to the track at the TB.com event and cut 1.845 60' times with them!
*Can't break them loose at 40mph on dry pavement like the others..

To me these are Awesome all around tire that can't be beat..

Scot W.

I agree. I had these on another set up a few years ago and they are amazing! Not cheap but well worth your extra dimes IMO

hello people; Scott W. of GNS performance. How's about more talk of your ride. I would never run any thing that wide on my car as I was thinking of going a little narrower. but just a little more basic info. info like the rims are 16"? would be nice.
thanks man
IBBY

hello people; Scot W. I see you started the official wheel thing but could you educate me on wheel spacing. I 'am stupid.
thanks
IBBY

Back