Tire clarification

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Feb 19, 2005
Dandridge, TN
www.gnsperformance.com
I was surfing for tire options if I wanted to switch from my M&H 275 50 17 DR to a 15 and came across some DOT tires. Are tube DOT tires legal? Example Hoosier DOT Quick Time Pros or M/T DOT ET Streets. I'm guessing we have to have true radials, hence the name of the class:biggrin:

Hoosier 17601QTP Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. Drag Tires

or

Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Tires - JEGS

Thanks!
NOPE! None of those tires say "DRAG RADIAL" they say Drag Tire! and yes it must be a true DR hence the name of the class.

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
May 7, 2002
FL
I thought the Hoosier DOT Drag Radial isn't legal for highway use, although the hoosier site is terrible to lookup info right now for me, the pdf hangs trying to download in my browser. They look like a slick with grooves in it for track use only. Are these legal?

Hoosier 17330 Hoosier D.O.T. Drag Radials

Summitracing says: "Hoosier D.O.T. drag radials are designed and approved for D.O.T. class racing only. They are not approved, nor recommended for any kind of street use."

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO-17317/

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
May 25, 2001
Burlington N.C.
www.piedmontdragway.com
I thought the Hoosier DOT Drag Radial isn't legal for highway use, although the hoosier site is terrible to lookup info right now for me, the pdf hangs trying to download in my browser. They look like a slick with grooves in it for track use only. Are these legal?

Hoosier 17330 Hoosier D.O.T. Drag Radials

I would say yes, the are DOT (Dept. of Transportation) drag radial. I believe this to be the same tire that Don Cruz and Sean Hayes? uses.