You can type here any text you want

tire pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello peoples; What tire pressures are you TB owners using on the street? I just got some new tires Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ as I didn't like the General's I recently got. There 245-50-16 and both the guys at the shop run 32lbs of air and I always kept mine at 35lbs. One guy has 18" Eagle GT's on a Acura the other a 16" rim on a crown vic. I haven't played around with pressures has anyone?
IBBY

I believe the factory had 35psi on the door sticker. On my GTA's I run 35psi. Curious to also see what everyone runs on street tires.

Easiest way to figure out what pressure you need to run for non stock tire and wheel combo is to wet the drive way down and drive through it. Look at the pattern of the tread and see if it's full contact or not. You want as much surface contact as you can get. After you decide on a pressure use a tire depth guage and check the tread every so often to see it there's even wear. Adjust pressure as needed.

hello; I think I asked this question in the past and Charlie had the same comments. I never did the method but I might this time.
thanks
IBBY

Any time you go with a bigger or larger width tire and you use the stock pressure you will end up with more wear in the center of the tire. You have to adjust the pressure for the exta surface area that the tire has. With out doing this the tire will wear out faster. Just imagine putting 35's on a Jeep wrangler and using the recomended pressures. Tires will bulge in the center and wear out much faster, but only in the center. Not to mention that you are actually using less tire surface so less traction. Last time I did a lift kit on a Wrangler I ended up setting the tire pressure at 24 psi and explained this method to the customer. I haven't heard from him but I don't think he understood what I was talking about anyway. This will also make the vehicle ride better.

hello; Funny you talk about a better ride as one of the guys said it might help my vibration that I've been chasing.
IBBY

Back