You can type here any text you want

Tire size question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

On stock OEM rims what is the largest tire size for all four corners that can be used without rubbing issues. I like to rotate my tires so I keep them all the same size. The only tires in my area for these cars seem to be BFG Radial TA's with the lettering. The next question is letters in or out on a WH1.

I'm note sure of the intended purpose of your car, but the BFG Radial TA's are only rated to 112 MPH (S). It used to be higher at 135 MPH (H) and I used to run these tires on another vehicle. A few months ago when I was looking at tires the Radial TA's were also listed as being manufactured in Mexico. Along with a much higher price.

I went with the Kumho Ecsta with a V speed rating.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Since my car is pickled for winter miles away, I can't tell you what size my tires are but I have my BFG radial t/a's whites out. Gives it an "old school " look and that's the look I was after.

In regards to tire lettering, you'd have to check your trunk's spid label for what's correct. Some have QYZ(black wall) or QYH(white lettering). Unsure if QYV(white walls) was ever an option.

I ran 235/60/15 BFG TA's on stock rims way back in 89'. No rubbing that I recall.
Had the raised white lettering out. Which I later regretted as it would need constant cleaning to look good.

Back