You can type here any text you want

Tire / Wheel Noise Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey Fellas,

Have a quick ? for ya. Just got the car back on the road. Car has new tires and shocks all around. Stock swaybars, boxed rear upper and lower control arms. Here is what is going on:

When I go in a straight line - No Noise No Problem

When I turn left or right it sounds like the sidewalls are like rocks, i think it is coming from the rearend. The noise also happens on uneven road when going straight. Is it possible that when turning from right to left there is load on the rear axles bearings and perhaps they are going out?

Any thoughts around this would be appreciated.

Do you have poly bushings - they could be binding. I had poly in the front and rear. The suspension would "clunk" every time going over the curb onto my driveway. Replaced with Duralum (GlobalWest) and noise went away.

Tire noise

I had a similar problem, but it was straight line tire noise/vibration. Took the wheels and tires to Kramer Tire for a "road force test". Found some bad tires and a bent wheel. (Bent one took 3 ounces of weight to balance, and will be going out soon for repair)
HTH.

Could it be posi noise ?? Time to change the rear oil ?? or posi on its way out ?? Pull the rear cover and check out the internals :confused:

Could it be posi noise ?? Time to change the rear oil ?? or posi on its way out ?? Pull the rear cover and check out the internals :confused:

Some might consider it excessive but I change my diff fluid (and trans fluid) every spring. Don't forget the GM limited slip additive.

Well you guys are gonna love this one.

Let's just say - make sure you tighten your lugnuts before you go driving.

All of the front lugnuts were loose which was causing the noise.

Thanks for all your replies!

Back