You can type here any text you want

Tires rubbing...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rosadod

Fronts wheels are 8.5" with +15 offset. Tires are 255/40-19. I have 1" adapters on.

Anyways, here's a pic of the front driver's side wit the steering wheel turned to the left. It rubs just before lock in the same place on both sides. If I cut out that piece of the wheel well won't that cause the body to rust faster? Plus road dirt can get up in there right? Maybe I can cut part out and attach in it's place some thin sheet metal that I can mold so it won't rub... then paint it with some rubber undercoating or something. What do you think?

Any alternatives (least expensive)?

Attachments

• Steering whell left.jpg
    Steering whell left.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 120
Fronts wheels are 8.5" with +15 offset. Tires are 255/40-19. I have 1" adapters on.

Anyways, here's a pic of the front driver's side wit the steering wheel turned to the left. It rubs just before lock in the same place on both sides. If I cut out that piece of the wheel well won't that cause the body to rust faster? Plus road dirt can get up in there right? Maybe I can cut part out and attach in it's place some thin sheet metal that I can mold so it won't rub... then paint it with some rubber undercoating or something. What do you think?

Any alternatives (least expensive)?

I do realize now that I got the tires 1" to tall. :mad:

IMO, cheapest alternative is the sell those tires and get 255/35/19's.

Yeah...I'd try different tires before cutting into the body. Like you said, there'd be potential for rust and other problems if you start modifying sheet metal, especially in an area like that. Even with different tires though... 8.5 is pretty wide for the front, even on a stock-height car. You have wide front wheels PLUS a 1" drop, it can be hard to get that to work without rubbing.

Sux that you have a lil tall of a tire, Leave them in the rear and buy shorter fronts, and when the rears wear out first, and they will, you have a spare set. It will give it a lil more rake, so that may be good, or bad.
post a pic as it is if you can.

Back